PDA

View Full Version : E30 brake lining light

6670charger
08-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Can't find anything on this issue without spending hours on the internet which I just don't have right now.

I have a small issue with my 88 E30 where the "check brake lining" light comes on once in a while, then goes off when I go over a bump. It's only an intermittent thing, however, I had the very same issue with an 89 316 sedan I had for a while when I was in Germany.

I assume this is a ground issue of some sort, but, it seems as though it's a common problem on these cars. Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Eric

shogun
08-08-2012, 07:58 AM
check the wire from the pad to the connector, maybe not correct installed originally and now you have a blank wire or almost broken.

6670charger
08-08-2012, 01:17 PM
check the wire from the pad to the connector, maybe not correct installed originally and now you have a blank wire or almost broken.

OK, thanks. I assume it's some sort of ground issue as the light doesn't stay on continuously. It only comes on intermittently, and goes off when I hit a bump like railroad tracks, then will stay off for a while. I know the brake pads are good as they were just checked a few days ago by my indie when I had the front tires re-balanced.