PDA

View Full Version : Yea or Nay - Safelite glass- your experiance

Jeff N.
07-14-2012, 01:13 PM
The 535 needs a new windshield. I'm all versed about clips, installers, and the working with the right shop.

What I want to know about is the glass.

If you have a Safelite provided windshield, do you like the glass they provided or not? Any differences from stock?

TIA!

Tiger
07-14-2012, 11:57 PM
They seems have a bit of magnefying effect... That's my feeling. You can inspect the glass on request before install.

632 Regal
07-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Glass is fine, just watch the installer. They assured me that they would get new clips and molding, even charged me for it. What a fvcking hack job. If you ever want to roll your driver window down in the rain, enjoy. More water comes in then out.

You have a choice of blue or green glass, stock on these cars is green. It is nice to have new glass in there.

Russell
07-18-2012, 02:35 PM
I would say no. I heard that the glass is thin, optically poor and may have fit problems. I refused it when mine was replaced because Advance broke my windshield replacing my wiper blades. I held out for a BMW windshield, proper clips and the installer that my BMW dealer uses. BTW, they reused the original trim. 8 years later all is still good.

Tiger
07-18-2012, 10:50 PM
Interesting that glass.net is alot cheaper than Safelite... $100 difference.