PDA

View Full Version : 2 question (one part, one how do I)

ncbeachbum
05-16-2012, 08:04 AM
The handle on my door is loose and needs the part that secures the driver's door armrest handle to the door. What PN is this?
http://realoem.com/bmw/diagrams/w/j/8.png

Also, my bowden cables from the dash controls to the air refresh and leg warmer adjusters were disconnected when I had to get into the dash. I cannot seem to get them to reattach - is there a trick to this? It seems like there isn't enough slack no matter what I do. I'd like to get them working again if possible.

Car is a 94 525i. 225k, only issues are a bent rear window actuator (at least it's stuck in the up position), AC needs a leak fixed and the PS cables have just started to leak. This car has been a tank.

genphreak
05-20-2012, 07:07 AM
Not sure re the part you need, but it usually is just a loose or missing torx head screw.

Re the bowden cables, I pop the panel out (LH side, you have to release the clip at the side by reaching a hand in behind after removing a side panel or two first). Then you just waggle it around (without too much force) until you get the end of the cable in place. Then the cable clips in. There is not much slack but it always works out (tightly) for me. Are they correctly routed to the back of the panel?

ncbeachbum
05-21-2012, 04:13 AM
Not sure re the part you need, but it usually is just a loose or missing torx head screw.

I found the part, there is a metal clip that has seen better days. And a screw, too....replacing both.

Re the bowden cables, I pop the panel out (LH side, you have to release the clip at the side by reaching a hand in behind after removing a side panel or two first). Then you just waggle it around (without too much force) until you get the end of the cable in place. Then the cable clips in. There is not much slack but it always works out (tightly) for me. Are they correctly routed to the back of the panel?

Ah, ok. I had to remove the slider panel out of the dash once to replace the bulbs, I don't think they're in wrong. I'll pull the panel this week, if all else fails I'll get my kid in there to move the stuff around, she has smaller hands than I do. It would be nice to have a fully functional HVAC system though. :)