PDA

View Full Version : Oils again

Ferrett 1962
05-10-2012, 07:45 AM
So I just changed the oil and I found a sticker and it was castrol and it was from Jax quickfit. When I pulled the drain plug the crap that came out was disturbing to say the least, I let it drain and pulled the oil filter out and when I looked the oil was still flowing out thick and dirty. normaly by the time I have removed the oil filter oil has reduced to a dribble but it was still oozing out at this stage so I let it drain all the way, I don't know what they put in there last time but it wasn't good. I put Penrite full synthetic oil in I can only hope the crap they put in didn't cause any damage, the engine is quieter than before the change and only time will see if the rubbish they used will come back to bite me. How could someone take a BMW to a tyre shop to get an oil change.nonono

genphreak
05-10-2012, 08:08 AM
It was probably cooking oil. The local chip shop may be their best customer, and worse, happy to Barter for tyres!

Ferrett 1962
05-10-2012, 08:27 AM
Great I was avoiding thinking about that but at least it will kill the weeds in the front yard that explains why the local cats have been following me down the street.

Russell
05-10-2012, 09:00 AM
I would change the oil/filter again after about 2,000 miles. I suspect a tire shop would be fine if they used correct oil and quality filter. In fact I bet they do a better job that a Quick Change shop. I suspect most of our US quick oil change places use low end filters and use 18 year olds to change the oil. Not good.

Ferrett 1962
05-10-2012, 09:32 AM
I did change the filter and I think I am 50 going on 18 myself and I think I did a good job although the filter I got looked nothing like the filter I removed from the car so I don't know how long it had been there.The old filter had a metal cage on it and the new one was just a cartridge with no cage on it but seeing this I will do another change soon just to clear all the crap, I want to make sure any loose stuff is removed and then I will be happy with things.How do you find the EAT chip as mine is a 525i 1995 build and I have been thinking about a chip

Russell
05-10-2012, 09:46 AM
I did change the filter and I think I am 50 going on 18 myself and I think I did a good job although the filter I got looked nothing like the filter I removed from the car so I don't know how long it had been there.The old filter had a metal cage on it and the new one was just a cartridge with no cage on it but seeing this I will do another change soon just to clear all the crap, I want to make sure any loose stuff is removed and then I will be happy with things.How do you find the EAT chip as mine is a 525i 1995 build and I have been thinking about a chip

Eat chip is great. been in my car for about 6-7 years. Helped my low to mid range performace. No impact I can tell on economy. My 95 was built 1/95 with some sort of extra scurity on the ECU or security. Your version may be different as it Austrialian.

Ferrett 1962
05-10-2012, 10:05 AM
Mine has the ewsII the securty system and I think I can get a bypass chip or give them my vin and get a chip that is programed for the ews system, I think I will try and get a chip that works with the ews system since these cars are getting hard to come up with parts for and that makes them more valuable to thieves who make a living from our hard work in keeping them in good condition, if they catch car thieves they should string them up by the balls, low life scum ( in a world I ran shoot them on sight)