PDA

View Full Version : bad bmw driver on Skyline parkway in VA

Russell
05-01-2012, 08:32 AM
My wife and I drove to DC from KY, We decided to drive the scenic Skyline parkway (part of the Blue Ridge parkway) in the VA Shenandoah Mountains. This is a 35 mph two lane narrow tree lined ridgeline road with lots of pull-offs for scenic views. Part of the National Park Service

Some idiot in a lowered, wide tired, carbon fibered with blue HIDs in dark gray e39 almost hit me as he was going around a blind curve at about 70 mph as I was leaving a scenic view pull-off. This is the kind of driver that gives BMW drivers a bad name. Terribly unsafe. I am still pissed 4 days later.

BTW, I drove a 4-cylinder rental Camry. What a bland car.

genphreak
05-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Perhaps seeing that disappear into the trees might have been worth the insurance excess.

(Each dead e39 makes for good e34 parts)!

Russell
05-04-2012, 06:28 PM
I was more worried about myself at the time. No concern over the e39. :)

ncbeachbum
05-16-2012, 05:59 AM
I live near the Parkway outside of Asheville, people flying down it is nothing out of the norm. Traffic on it is a mix. Sometimes there are travel trailers, who are slow. Then packs of old guys on motorcycles, then people who think it's a raceway.

Russell
05-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Yea I know. I may be a bit guilty myself. However, this was a very bad location to be hit it hard. Just bad judgement on the BMW diriver, IMO.

BMWCCA1
06-10-2012, 08:36 PM
We get a lot of that down here. Mostly tourists. Locals wouldn't be caught dead driving fast on the Skylne Drive when we have the Blue Ridge Parkway to play on! devil