PDA

View Full Version : Oils

Ferrett 1962
04-10-2012, 08:29 AM
I know this has been thrown around a bit but I am about to do my first oil change on my 525i e34 and have been looking at oils but just to check mobile 1 has been talked about a bit but I was looking at penrite HPR 15 full synthetic at half the price of mobile just wondering if anyone has used this and does it work as well as the others or does anyone have opinions about it. Don't want to do harm to anything and with time I will learn but I don't want to do it the hard way.

Tiger
04-10-2012, 09:20 AM
Australian Oil company... got API SL... I don't see anything wrong as long they have the rating. Probably just no import duty tax.

Ferrett 1962
04-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Thats what I thought just don't want to do the wrong thing wiht the car and it does say full synthetic so i don't think it will do any harm just wanted to see if anyone had a bad experience with it. Got filter for $16 from Melbourne on the net and i have run up 10,000km since buying the e34 without problems and I don't want any. I will give it a go and report when I see how it works, I know it seems silly but best to ask.

Tiger
04-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Let's face it... oil we have today will far exceed what was available when our cars were built. Period.... let alone the newer synthetic oil since then. So no worry at all.