PDA

View Full Version : Glove compartment replacement

Dathaeus
03-25-2012, 12:01 AM
Alas it seems last time my indy fixed it he used an old used replacement and now the push button to open it has broken out, so I need to save the button and manually push it in to open, ugh!

So what is the best solution... do I just try to get another used part and replace the whole compartment door, and then is it pretty easy to replace without special tools? Maybe I can just replace the "catch"?

Or any other suggestions? And if I do need to get parts, please let me know what would be the best place... Pelican has the catch and button, if thats what I can replace only, but it seems they do not sell the whole door/cover.

Thanks!

shogun
04-06-2012, 05:11 AM
my push button also broke. You can get a new push button for around 3 $ and it is very easy to install it.
See RealOEM.com Online BMW Parts Catalog (http://www.realoem.com) for the parts number.
I hope you did not lose the spring.
I actually bought a new button but never used it. I repaired/enforced my broken one. The button has a hollow pin in the piddle with 2 clips which hold the button in the lock. They usually break.
I reinforec the hollow pin with a plstic hose from a pet shop and then I added on each side parts of cable ties and the clips of these act as replacement for the original clips. I just glued them into the hollow pin