PDA

View Full Version : WTB Bottom parchment seat cover

Russell
03-21-2012, 12:55 PM
WTB a parchment leather passenger BOTTOM seat cover for a 94-95 e34. Preferably a heated seat. Must be in excellent condition with no tears, scuffs, seam separation or stains. Want to replace aging drive;s seat bottom. I understand passenger seat bottom will also work.

Will consider entire seat. However shipping can be expensive :)

BTW, I have a post on my local Craig's list and have an e-bay search set up.

93 525 Paul
03-22-2012, 12:31 PM
I wish you luck but that is a tough get in my experience. I gave up in my search and ended up buying a back seat set and taking the skins off of it and took it to an upholstery shop. Had them use the leather from the back seat to make a new bottom seat cover for mine. $150 later, I have a very new looking seat bottom.

Russell
03-22-2012, 01:11 PM
I wish you luck but that is a tough get in my experience. I gave up in my search and ended up buying a back seat set and taking the skins off of it and took it to an upholstery shop. Had them use the leather from the back seat to make a new bottom seat cover for mine. $150 later, I have a very new looking seat bottom.

In my case, I may do the same depending on what I find. I am looking at a complete interior from a wrecked 95 late this afternoon. I can buy all or a just one of the front seats. Might get lucky

Russell
03-22-2012, 07:20 PM
Bought an entire passenger seat (unheated) including head rest, armrest, controls plastic surrounds, motors etc for $50 locally from a wrecked 95. Dirty but no obvious tears, stains. Leather seems soft as well. I will have an uphostery shop restuff my driver's seat and use this cover or use pieces from my old cover to rebuild my seat top and bottom. Possibly before winter.

A plus might be a "working" passenger seatbelt receptable which my old one is giving me a srs light for about 3 minutes. Hope so.

genphreak
03-23-2012, 04:56 AM
I did this once, the top and bottom covers from the PS retrofit to the DS even if you have armrests. All you need do is remove both seats (10 mins) and follow the rules when removing all the upholstery clips (hint: have a good pair of pliers needle and flat pliers handy). To remove the seat, a torx socket and a flat screwdriver is all one needs IIRC- but you need to adjust them back so you can lift the rear to unhook them form the chassis hooks at the front.

You must remove the seats (be careful of the seat-belt adjusters, they need to be carefully undone, as well as power seat/heater wire sockets). Make sure you remove the clips on the upper cushion's back wires so the seat material is not ripped when removing it (these are the hardest to re-clip).

Once apart, you can just double the side padding under the covers (it's a tight squeeze to get the covers back on over the top) if you have two pairs of comfort seats and are not a 'wide bodied person' as car seats are made for 'all size' people. I'm a medium build, so my 'enhanced' comfort driver's seat is no longer comfort, it is 'grab', lol!

It doesn't cost much to buy new covers too, they sell leather ones online for less than $400 DIY fitment/pr

Russell
03-23-2012, 05:15 AM
I did this once, the top and bottom covers from the PS retrofit to the DS even if you have armrests. All you need do is remove both seats (10 mins) and follow the rules when removing all the upholstery clips (hint: have a good pair of pliers needle and flat pliers handy). To remove the seat, a torx socket and a flat screwdriver is all one needs IIRC- but you need to adjust them back so you can lift the rear to unhook them form the chassis hooks at the front.

You must remove the seats (be careful of the seatbelt adjusters, they need to be carefully undone, as well as power seat/heater wire sockets). Make sure you remove the clips on the upper cushion's back wires so the seat material is not ripped when removing it (these are the hardest to re-clip).

You can just double the side padding under the covers if you have two pairs of comfort seats and are not a wide bodied person as thy are made for everyone. My comfort drivers seat is no longer comfort, it is 'grab', lol!

It doesn't cost much to buy new covers too, they sell leather ones online for less than $400 DIY fitment/pr
Appreciate the diy hints. Started to clean up the old seat. It seems to be of good quality. the new seat is not a heated seat though. I hope to re use my existing heater,

genphreak
03-23-2012, 08:21 AM
No probs.. Sure it is easy to retrofit the heaters once the seat is apart. Here's my write up from a little while back (http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/5-series-bmw/43653-worn-out-seats-heres-cheap-bu-effective-fix.html).

Russell
03-23-2012, 10:40 AM
No probs.. Sure it is easy to retrofit the heaters once the seat is apart. Here's my write up from a little while back (http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/5-series-bmw/43653-worn-out-seats-heres-cheap-bu-effective-fix.html).

Thanks, Looks like I am good to go. May do the work myself.

randoms
10-21-2012, 04:16 PM
Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I see you mention leather seta covers for $400. I've done the usual googlin and ebay but can't find anything less than $850/side for leather. Can you give me some hints on where to look?

jfs356
10-22-2012, 08:02 PM
I saw a 94 E34 Green/Tan awhile back in a nearby salvage yard, perfect passenger seat (I pulled the arm rest and sold recently), I could
see if that car is still available, let me know if interested (A-1 Auto Parts, located in Springfield, Ohio).

93 525 Paul
10-23-2012, 12:25 AM
I am interested...

jfs356
10-29-2012, 05:46 PM
PM sent, but returned due to full inbox. Once weather breaks, I will swing by the salvage yard and take some pics of passenger seat and
send to you, will be a few days though.

jfs356
10-29-2012, 06:28 PM
Just saw this ad on CL, located in Cincy, my guess is a tan interior.
1995 BMW 525i for parts (http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/ptd/3368226001.html)

Russell
10-29-2012, 08:03 PM
PM sent, but returned due to full inbox. Once weather breaks, I will swing by the salvage yard and take some pics of passenger seat and
send to you, will be a few days though.

Thanks, but I got a seat bottom/back. I am now looking for a high quality REAR seat BACK with not cracks or spits especially at the seat top near the seat belts. My leather is pulling apart at the seams.

jfs356
10-29-2012, 08:32 PM
Did you see this one, in Cincinnati CL? Will still check the car in Springfield for rear seat back and send pics. Maybe this week, probably weekend.
1995 BMW 525i for parts (http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/ptd/3368226001.html)

Russell
10-29-2012, 09:35 PM
Thank you. I just printed it out. i will call tommorrow.