PDA

View Full Version : Where does the internal rearview mirror latch on to?

Unregistered
06-18-2004, 12:20 AM
Hi all!

I just got an '89 525i (euro) and its rearview mirror is not attached. I found it in the glove box, now I don't know how to put it on. Where does it go?

Thanks,
Philip

Dan in NZ
06-18-2004, 12:47 AM
Mine is glued to the windscreen.

Unregistered
06-18-2004, 12:55 AM
Thanks Dan. So, I will be gluing the metal part at the end of the short stalk that holds the mirror to the windshield? What kind of glue works best for this?

Giles L
06-18-2004, 01:34 AM
You can get specific glue for the job. I the UK a place called Halfords selld locktite glue for it. I had to do mine recently when my wife broke mine off!!(got her, her own car now :) Make sure you detach the metal from the stalk to glue just the metal bit on it's own. It kinda twists on and off.

Good luck,

Giles

Unregistered
06-18-2004, 01:45 AM
Thanks Giles! Most of the better hardware stores here in the Philippines sell Loctite. Ahhh, at last, I will be able to see what's behind me.

Giles L
06-18-2004, 07:31 AM
Thanks Giles! Most of the better hardware stores here in the Philippines sell Loctite. Ahhh, at last, I will be able to see what's behind me.

No problem philip. If you can make sure you get the locktite for car mirrors (it's called something like mirror glue), I tried more general purpose glue and the darn thing came unstuck in the sun!!

It's suprising how weird it feels driving a car with out a rear view mirror!