PDA

View Full Version : Touch up paint in a spray can?

bighc2000
06-17-2004, 11:42 PM
Hello Group,

I went to my local BMW dealer(Erhard) and tried to purchase a small spray can of touch up paint. They only had the touch up sticks available. They said that BMW did make the spray can but it was not available in the US. Has anyone found a source for the spray can touch up paint?

I have a schwarz paint color and maybe there is an equivalent I could purchase? Thanks in advance for you help.

Harry

Rick L
06-18-2004, 12:36 AM
Try this site:

http://paintscratch.com/

PaintScatch should have a spray can for you...

Hello Group,

I went to my local BMW dealer(Erhard) and tried to purchase a small spray can of touch up paint. They only had the touch up sticks available. They said that BMW did make the spray can but it was not available in the US. Has anyone found a source for the spray can touch up paint?

I have a schwarz paint color and maybe there is an equivalent I could purchase? Thanks in advance for you help.

Harry

bighc2000
06-18-2004, 08:07 AM
Thank you!

sbcncsu
06-18-2004, 09:45 AM
Hello Group,

Harry

Your local NAPA Auto Paint Store or your local PPG Auto Paint store should be able to mix it and put it into a spray bomb for you.

eric5150
06-18-2004, 10:38 AM
Also try Paul @ strong-strut Strong-strut site (http://www.strongstrut.com)

Look under the paint kits.

Eric

mholbrook
06-18-2004, 10:41 AM
Black is black according to my paint store. Duplicolor Universal Black is what I used to paint my lip spoiler. Came out perfect. In your favor is that it is black. If it were a metallic color it would be a real problem.

One thing to remember is that preparation is the key. And a good part of prep is to be sure the surface is clean from oil and wax. There is a solvent that is sold in auto paint stores that cleans wax and oils off very good. If you don't clean, you will get orange peel for sure or worse. Paint in light coats and wait about 10 minutes then another coat, 10 minutes then another coat, etc. I would put about 4 coats on whatever you are painting and let it sit at least a week before you try to do anything with it. After that depending on what it is, you can lightly sand with 2000 grit paper, then polishing compound and then a polish wax or wax. If you blow through with the paper, you will have to start over.

shragon
06-18-2004, 12:31 PM
i've used www.towerpaint.com and it matches real well. just make sure to have your color code and name handy when ordering.