PDA

View Full Version : Procedure for Acquiring Flash Codes from your BMW

shogun
02-16-2012, 01:53 PM
Note: Your BMW must have Motronic version 1.1 or higher. Motronic 1.0 cars do not have self diagnostic flash code capability (as evidenced by the lack of a Check Engine light).
U.S. specification BMW only

Determine which version of the Motronic is in your BMW by consulting the DME Application Guide.
Sit in the driver's seat.
Turn the igntion to the On position, but do not start the car.
Immediately depress the accelerator fully and release fully 5 times in quick succession.
Wait a couple of seconds.
The Check Engine light will flash once, then start to blink. All codes are comprised of 4 digits. The number of blinks corresponds to the fault code. For example, ON, pause, ON ON, pause, ON ON, pause, ON ON, off would be a 1222.
Each four digit code will be flashed sequentially. When the codes start to repeat, all stored codes have been displayed.
Turn the ignition Off.
Bonneville Motor Werks - BMW OBD-1 Flash Codes (http://www.bimmerinfo.com/bmw_flash_codes.htm)

Russell
02-17-2012, 09:55 AM
Note: Your BMW must have Motronic version 1.1 or higher. Motronic 1.0 cars do not have self diagnostic flash code capability (as evidenced by the lack of a Check Engine light).
U.S. specification BMW only

Determine which version of the Motronic is in your BMW by consulting the DME Application Guide.
Sit in the driver's seat.
Turn the igntion to the On position, but do not start the car.
Immediately depress the accelerator fully and release fully 5 times in quick succession.
Wait a couple of seconds.
The Check Engine light will flash once, then start to blink. All codes are comprised of 4 digits. The number of blinks corresponds to the fault code. For example, ON, pause, ON ON, pause, ON ON, pause, ON ON, off would be a 1222.
Each four digit code will be flashed sequentially. When the codes start to repeat, all stored codes have been displayed.
Turn the ignition Off.
Bonneville Motor Werks - BMW OBD-1 Flash Codes (http://www.bimmerinfo.com/bmw_flash_codes.htm)

Thanks, However I found it a pain to count the flashes. I just went ahead and got a Peake reader. Just easier for me.`