PDA

View Full Version : M60 Blue Smoke/Low oil pressure... How Bad?

Tiger
01-20-2012, 10:09 AM
I had someone installed a used M60 V8 into my poor car. The used engine is bad. I know the low oil pressure is a common problem in V8 but what about the blue smoke? Valve job? Runs perfect when cold.... when warms up... oil pressure drops, valves taps and blue smokes comes out.... enough to fog up your neighborhood.

It is time consuming to swap out the V8 in E34... even worse in E39...

I will go do compression test and maybe even leakdown test to see if the engine is toast or not. If I can get away with oil pump seal change and valve job... then I'd go that route.

Hate those con artist at the junk yard... left bitter taste in my mouth. I stayes away from Bavarian... I even called them up... jeez. Even the yard where I bought it from in Missouri... family operated... still sucks!

You would think if the engine is good before they ripped it out of the car would work just as good when installed in another car no matter how long you kept it... They denied the warranty because we didn't clean out the oil pick up tube... LOL. They are going down.

whiskychaser
01-20-2012, 03:35 PM
If your compressions are OK, I'd be thinking stuck oil rings and worn big end shells. I have not yet had the pleasure of rebuilding an M60 so the words 'pinch' and 'salt' may come to mind:)