PDA

View Full Version : Coolant in my Oil How much will this m20 cost me?

Stewarts325
01-13-2012, 07:38 PM
I have an 89 325I bored stroked to 2.9 low compression setup for turbo but can't get the turbo yet because I keep having other obligations, Im sure we all understand that. how much can i expect to payto have the work done right. the engine only has 14000 miles since the rebuild is the timing belt completely nessessary at this point. normally I'd say of course but funds are low.Is there an easier way.
JAMESwhiteflag

Ps I have had this car since i was 16 it is untill now been bullet proof 260000 miles before rebuild, still ran fine before I cherry picked it. motor build went great, my own little go cart, I've taken it to Germany where I was stationed. It is a dream on the autobahn, the sound through the scorpion exhaust at 6800rpm at 150mph is why I cannot just junk it.

Stewarts325
01-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Just took the intake off. no schorching at all on the intake valves, but does have clean grean coolant in the throttle body and chocholate milk in the oil return tube is this a blown head gasket? or do I have a simpler problem?

ahlem
02-29-2012, 07:13 PM
I don't hang out here much. Try e30tech.com. Way more activity.
Sounds like a head gasket. I just went through that on my 1989.
Timing belt every 50,000 miles or 5 years and water pump everyother timing belt. Write that in stone.
When you take your head off be careful about 2 things...first, have a machine shop check for flatness and use a good brand of head gasket. Lots of debate over one particular brand VR on other forums.