PDA

View Full Version : 95 525i locking issue

Russell
01-09-2012, 08:43 AM
Locking with the key works fine.

However use the key or remote to UNLOCK the car and the following happens. "unlock then lock, unlock then lock" Only way to get in car is to pull door handle while opening door. Need to fix as it might lock me in the car. :)

Did not see this one in the archives!

Bill R.
01-09-2012, 10:39 AM
There is a problem in the system or one of the actuators is bad, its bmw's self diagnostic way of telling you there's a problem. Usually if you unlock it twice with the key rapidly it will quit cycling. Look at all the door and trunk lock actuators and see which one isn't opening or closing with the others, use your key on both sides drivers and passengers to determine if its the drivers door actuator.
As usual i have the factory procedure stored somewhere on my computer i just don't know where without searching through 4 terabytes of stuff.

Disconnect the battery for at least five minutes and then reconnect, then attempt to resync the door locks from the passenger side lock if all the locks appear to be working and you can't determine which actuator is bad including the trunk.

Russell
01-09-2012, 12:01 PM
Thank you Bill,
I have replaced actuators on passenger side front and driver's rear. All others are original. I will try to search for the factory procedure as well.

Russell
01-10-2012, 09:06 PM
Bill, Is there a diff sync procedure for the 9s 525i. Just wondering as I heard somewhere that there was something different. Also when I unlock with key on front passenger side, only that door will unlock. Other doors stay locked. This is the door I replaced the actuator about 11 months ago. .