PDA

View Full Version : Help entering radio code for 1995 bmw 530i

cyclingkevin
10-02-2011, 05:27 PM
The code does not work now. Just beeps after 5th digit. Displays code in the radio display.I have the code from manual for radio. I used it in past after disconnected the battery for engine work. Any ideas on what would fix this?

shogun
10-03-2011, 05:31 AM
click here, all on my website http://twrite.org/shogunnew/systems/security.html

KMS - Koala Motorsport Inc - Radio Code Issues (http://www.koalamotorsport.com/tech/article-radiocode.asp)

Updated by TSB #6502933729 Nov 1986.

The BMW anti-theft radio circuitry is designed to essentially render your radio unsalable if it is stolen. If the radio is subsequently electrically reconnected, it will not operate until a five-digit security code assigned to your radio is entered. The anti-theft features and operation are as follows:

After the ignition key is removed, the red "anti-theft" LED will continuously flash, drawing attention to this feature.
Should anyone, such as a thief, touch any push-button on the radio after the key is removed, the anti-theft inscription will flash and a warning tone will sound for 5 minutes or until the ignition is turned ON .
Should the voltage supply to the radio drop below 5 volts due to a dead battery, electrical repairs, or radio removal (such as theft), the radio will not function when voltage is restored. The word "code" will show in the display only.
The proper 5-digit code shown on the TWO CARDS SUPPLIED TO YOU must then be entered (using the proper number radio push-button selectors in the bottom row) when the radio is on and the display shows "code". If the correct code is not entered in three successive tries , the radio will not accept entry until the radio has been left on for one hour with the ignition ON . IMPORTANT: When entering 5-digit code number, be sure to complete sequence number of that 5-digit code. For example: Code No. sequence is 43215 and you mistakenly enter 42 instead of 3, continue the code number sequence of 215 to complete that entry. The radio will not operate and "code" will reappear in the display. Re-enter the correct number sequence of 43215 and operation of the radio will continue. The likelihood of guessing the correct code is extremely remote. The radio is, therefore, unsalable to a thief. NOTE: If an audible beep is heard while entering the 5-digit code, STOP immediately ! Begin entering the code again, starting with the first number of the 5-digit code.
The code card should be placed in your wallet, or with the vehicle title papers for security as deemed necessary by your individual needs.
Should radio or electrical repairs become necessary, please give the repairing facility the radio code number. If you do not, only authorized BMW dealer personnel can obtain the code from BMW.
Should you lose your code cards, contact the nearest BMW dealer who will then obtain your code from BMW. You may be charged for removal of the radio to ascertain the radio chassis number.
WARNING: FOR YOUR PROTECTION, CODES WILL NOT BE GIVEN OUT TO ANYONE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES OTHER THAN AUTHORIZED BMW DEALER PERSONNEL AFTER PROOF OF VEHICLE OWNERSHIP AND PROPER IDENTIFICATION IS ESTABLISHED.
Install the 2 enclosed warning decals in accordance with motor vehicle regulations.

John in CT
10-14-2011, 06:34 AM
hit the "code" button on the computer panel,

Good luck,

John

6670charger
07-30-2012, 11:31 AM
OK. Tried your instructions and all I get is a beep when I enter the fourth digit. Is something supposed to happen while I'm entering the numbers (number or something displaying on screen; tone or beep when each number is entered), or do I just keep pushing buttons until CODE goes away.

As I said in the beginning, all I get is a beep on the fourth digit, so I don't know if the numbers are entering correctly or not. I do have the code as it was written down on the owners manual first page.

genphreak
07-31-2012, 06:00 AM
OK. Tried your instructions and all I get is a beep when I enter the fourth digit. Is something supposed to happen while I'm entering the numbers (number or something displaying on screen; tone or beep when each number is entered), or do I just keep pushing buttons until CODE goes away.

As I said in the beginning, all I get is a beep on the fourth digit, so I don't know if the numbers are entering correctly or not. I do have the code as it was written down on the owners manual first page.Did you do what the instructions say and still have the problem?

e.g.
NOTE: If an audible beep is heard while entering the 5-digit code, STOP immediately ! Begin entering the code again, starting with the first number of the 5-digit code.

632 Regal
07-31-2012, 12:52 PM
I think the beep means you entered the wrong number. Make sure the radio button is turned off. Enter the code with the key in position 1, the radio should say 'CODE' before you start. Are their any other radio codes written down in any of your paperwork?

Tiger
07-31-2012, 05:17 PM
He entered too many time... he now have to wait... so what you need to do is turn key to accessory... make sure radio is on and lights up... then go away for a couple of hours and come back to reenter your code on the radio.

This is for the BMW radio that you entered code too many times... that causes lockout.

632 Regal
07-31-2012, 10:19 PM
^ what he said, I only entered mine wrong once and it beeped so I had to shut it off, redo the key to accy and put in the number more carefully and it worked. Never entered it wrong more than once but that would make sense. Smart radios, who would have thunk it.

budshaw
08-04-2012, 07:42 PM
I had the same problem when I replaced my battery. What cured it for me was simply disconnecting the battery for two seconds, apparently resetting the system, re-entering the code, and voila......music. Just make absolutely sure the code is the right one.