PDA

View Full Version : **********A huge huge HUGE shout out to Rick L.*********

BMW4LIFE
09-28-2011, 03:36 AM
Even though I have never met this individual, Rick L., he demonstrated something on this site that was something out of the norm. The details do not matter so much as that I want EVERYONE on this forum to know how much of a stand up, genuine, humane, caring individual this person is.

I wish I could express more through text...

God bless you Rick!

My hat goes off to you forever Rick!

Russell
09-28-2011, 11:06 AM
Plus 1 on that. He helped me out on rust issues and rear springs. Thanks again.

Rick L
09-29-2011, 06:19 PM
Oh man… Wasn’t expecting this. Thanks for the kind words. :)

My hat goes off to you forever Rick!

Rick L
09-29-2011, 06:22 PM
Hey Russell, how are you? Hope everything is well... How is the POR-15 holding up?

Russell
09-29-2011, 06:50 PM
Hey Russell, how are you? Hope everything is well... How is the POR-15 holding up?

Everthing is fine. The POR-15 seeks to be holding up fine. I will check a little closer next spring. The other doors are OK. The back doors look fine. I may have to do something with the front passenger door next year.

Right now I am a bit concerned over my auto trany. It has a slow shift from second to third in e-mode. Seem fine in sport mode. I think there is a solenoid related issue. I only have 20,000 miles on this drain and fill. We shall see.

Thanks again for all your hel[

BMW4LIFE
09-29-2011, 08:35 PM
Oh man… Wasn’t expecting this. Thanks for the kind words. :)

The least I can do for man of your caliber!

:]

And I meant EVERY word depicted!

Rick L
10-01-2011, 09:23 AM
Everthing is fine. The POR-15 seeks to be holding up fine.

Right now I am a bit concerned over my auto trany. It has a slow shift from second to third in e-mode. Seem fine in sport mode. I think there is a solenoid related issue. I only have 20,000 miles on this drain and fill. We shall see.
[

Same here. Doors are holding up very well.

I recently replaced the condenser and while pulling off the bumper, I noticed the bottom of the fender needed some attention too. I took care of both front and rear fender bottoms. Luckily, these areas are hidden by the bumper so paint to match wasn’t required. I also tackled the trunk (license plate light area). You might want to check these areas on your car as well.

Do you have slow shift during both slow and fast acceleration? I had slow shift issue only during slow acceleration but fast acceleration was fine on an Audi A6. It turned out to be low transmission fluid. But as you mentioned, it can be solenoid in your case or maybe valve body?