PDA

View Full Version : ***** FS: I can't believe I have to resort to this....

BMW4LIFE
09-23-2011, 01:13 AM
So I have ruined my left ankle in a basketball accident and had to go to the ER and get a bunch of tests done...well who would have guessed that without insurance it would have cost an arm and a leg. I have already drained my savings to pay for some of it but now I have to resort to selling anything I own of value to help pay for it.

Please...by no means am I asking for a charity here. It was my issue that I got in this mess so I will now pay for it. I have pics of items that have value and selling to help raise money for my bills. I have never done anything like this so shoot me an offer on the ones you want to my inbox and we'll go from there.

Here are most of the items...there will be more posted when I can get around to it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67576060@N07/6152642276/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67576060@N07/sets/72157627732215084/

Thank you everyone!

p.s. And to be clear. All clothes have been washed in Tide (sorry for the wrinkles as I didn't iron them yet) and all come from a pet and smoke free home.

BMW4LIFE
09-23-2011, 01:17 AM
Here are some pics of my ankle...

Rick L
09-23-2011, 07:24 PM
Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you get better soon.

BMW4LIFE
09-23-2011, 08:54 PM
Thanks Rick!

I'm working on it but this ankle is stubborn to get better!

The doc predicts I'll be out for another 2 months due to the tears :(

Hope all is well Rick!

h2oyo
09-25-2011, 01:52 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your ankle. I myself just got mostly over a torn alkalies (sp) tendon. I can understand what your going through and the pain involved. I hope you get feeling better soon.
Johan

Thanks Rick!

I'm working on it but this ankle is stubborn to get better!

The doc predicts I'll be out for another 2 months due to the tears :(

Hope all is well Rick!

genphreak
09-25-2011, 04:38 PM
Bloody awful Rick, perhaps you can repair faster than they are telling you, just keep up the bloodflow as much as you can by doing hand weights, eating a healthy diet, and thinking positively. Money is always a pain for people in your position. Hope all gets well ASAP...Nick

Bo525i
09-26-2011, 04:14 AM
Get well soon!

Maybe you better ask Shogun for an "ankle how to", he probably has one! ;)

BMW4LIFE
09-28-2011, 03:32 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your ankle. I myself just got mostly over a torn alkalies (sp) tendon. I can understand what your going through and the pain involved. I hope you get feeling better soon.
Johan

Thanks bud!

The MRI showed that i have torn one of my deltoid ligaments on my medial side of my ankle and a partial tear on one of the outers...FML...this is the price I pay I guess. I tried to take my first step today without the ankle brace but that was a big NO NO so back on bed I go. I am sooo sick of everything on TV and my room that I may be getting cabin fever here! :(

Bloody awful Rick, perhaps you can repair faster than they are telling you, just keep up the bloodflow as much as you can by doing hand weights, eating a healthy diet, and thinking positively. Money is always a pain for people in your position. Hope all gets well ASAP...Nick

I'm trying to stay positive here. Life could be harder and worse. I always think, that I should be thankful for the little things we never think about...clean water, food, civilization. Yes that is a little extreme but I never want to forgot the hardship out there. Screw the pain...I just want these bills to go away! :(

Get well soon!

Maybe you better ask Shogun for an "ankle how to", he probably has one! ;)

Ha! Seriously!

I will need a detailed DIY for that one...hopefully I won't need any 'special tools'

:D

Again thank you guys for the support....

And I'll use this as a bump for the items for sale.

Bimmer Nut Ed
09-29-2011, 01:14 AM
I'd be happy to donate a t-shirt to the highest bidder to help you out. It's not much, but maybe it'll help.

Here's the image on the t-shirt.

It's a design drawn by a member from here that passed away a number of years ago. Some may remember him, Allan S.

My daughter sells them on her bragNwear.com site here:

BMW E34 - AllanS [tshirt] - $11.95 : bragNwear.com, Custom T-Shirts and Hats (http://bragnwear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=40)

But for the auction here, just post a price, and I'll mail it off to the highest bidder, and send the proceeds to BMW4LIFE, no charity, just one member helping another. It ain't gonna be all that much anyway, but if it helps even a little, we'll all feel better, right guys?

Bimmer Nut Ed
09-29-2011, 08:58 AM
OK guys, I'll start the bidding off at ONE DOLLAR. I'll bid $1.

Do I hear $2?

BMW4LIFE
09-29-2011, 10:48 PM
Wow!

Thank you sooo much for doing this!

I now feel guilty for all this generosity.. :(

I wish I could sell something someone could use...

I thank you Bimmer Nut Ed!

Rick L
10-01-2011, 09:33 AM
I'll bid $12. :)

Bimmer Nut Ed
10-02-2011, 09:37 PM
Cool Rick, sold. Please PM me your Mailing address, and I'll send it off. I'll also give you my paypal addy, And BMW4Life should PM me his address or Paypal info. Sound good?

WAIT, better yet, how about BMW4Life just give your Paypal info to Rick L. And Rick PM me your mailing address. Easier for all. Let me know when appropriate info has been shared via PM. Thanks all.

Mr._Graybeard
10-03-2011, 10:08 AM
I bid $20 for the bimmer.info T-shirt.

Ed, can you e-mail the winning bidder at the end of the auction, please?

Bimmer Nut Ed
10-03-2011, 04:26 PM
Well, here's the deal, I will already be sending a shirt to Rick L for his $12 donation.

But since this is for a good cause, and the purpose is to help a fellow member, I'll send Mr._Graybeard a shirt too if he wants to go ahead and paypal BMW4LIFE $20. Please PM BMW4LIFE for his paypay account number. And Graybeard, PM me your mailing address and shirt size.

OK all, This auction is officially over. You're welcome to help BMW4LIFE if you want, you can PM him directly. My part is done. BMW4LIFE, I wish you the best.

Mr._Graybeard
10-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Oops, I didn't see Rick's bid or your follow-up, Ed. Guess I wasn't too alert this morning. But I'll still take a T-shirt. PM on its way.

BMW4LIFE
10-04-2011, 12:27 AM
You guys are tooo much!

Thank you guys soooo much for your generosity! I seriously can't believe that this is happening. I seriously feel bad about this whole charity thing...I seriously need to give back to ALL of you guys PLUS interest! This is more than I ever thought. But please, let me return the favor somehow.

Rick L - Thank you for the bid my friend!

Ed - WOW man...thank you for donating those shirts for my cause. That really means a lot and I am lost as how I will ever be able to return the favor!

Mr. Graybeard - Thank you... Thank you... Thank you! You guys seriously make me feel so special even though I have never see or met you guys...

God bless ALL of you guys!

Bimmer Nut Ed
10-04-2011, 10:42 AM
No worries, always good to help a fellow BMW Car lover, and board member. Don't think twice about it. Just get your ass back on your feet so you can enjoy more cool BMW stuff.

BMW4LIFE
10-04-2011, 05:30 PM
Oh trust me...I LOVE BMWs like I love life!

If possible I will own a BMW for the rest of my life!

But yes, getting back on my two feet will be the hardest part...did some PT today and it sure kicked my butt. Now I am icing it for tomorrows session.

Thanks again for all of your support!