PDA

View Full Version : E46 BMW 328i, Ordered a worthless key from stealership, WILL NOT DO ANYTHING AT ALL!

toliveanddieinky
08-21-2011, 01:24 AM
I bought the car, and it only had a valet key, a valet key that would not open the drivers side door (another issue). So I strolled into BMW in Knoxville TN (never go there), paid 180 for the key. Waited 3 weeks... The key arrived, and...

I put it in the ignition: it won't even turn
I put it in the door: it won't even turn
I put it in the trunk: it won't even turn
I had a blank key cut (by a Joe Schmoe Locksmith), based on my valet key, holding the valet key up to the newly cut key- the newly cut key will crank the engine turn the lock, open the trunk******* Tried to do the same thing by holding the 180 dollar key up close, and the newly cut key turns, but WILL NOT start.
I was able to program the keyless entry with the help of the valet key....but that is independent from the transponder.

How did this place order me a key that was cut incorrectly, with the wrong transponder!?! The vin was correct, we checked it several times. Then they stopped answering my calls, and started ignoring me.

Which mean, Better Business Bureau, and Dept of Consumer Affairs time!

Have you guys ever heard of this happening?
I bought the blanks to swap guts, but I don't want to mess with it until I rape this stealership for free stuff for dicking me around.