PDA

View Full Version : dammit, i missed a e28 m5 for

winfred
06-16-2004, 10:10 PM
$2500, just found out about it yesterday and it was right here in baton rouge, i saw the pics of it and it looked like a peach, good paint great interior 160 something thousand miles, some dude from NJ came down and drove it back home without a hitch. sonofabitch, that's the only e28 that i wouldn't mind owning

Martin in Bellevue
06-16-2004, 10:16 PM
Yeah, that was on the mye28 forum the other day. Looked like a sweet car.

http://www.internet-reach.com/guido/Frontview.JPG

http://www.internet-reach.com/guido/Engine2.jpg

winfred
06-16-2004, 10:19 PM
dat's de one, the guy who was selling it had no clue

Craig
06-16-2004, 11:20 PM
$2500 M5 = HUGE maintenance nightmare. Those cars are worth probably $6000 in parts alone, so for someone to sell one for that price is pretty strange. I wouldn't feel too bad about missing it.

winfred
06-17-2004, 12:16 AM
no problem for me, i work on bmw's volvo's and (when i can't avoid it) mercedes for a living plus i work at a parts store, so unless it was a rolling pile of **** (at which point i walk off) i am good to go

Craig
06-17-2004, 12:38 AM
That's kind of my point- if someone is going to sell it for $2500 vs part it out for at least twice that much, there must be a reason.

TheGeak
06-17-2004, 08:08 AM
or maybe he just didn't have any real clue what he was selling? Perhaps he just looked up the KBB value and decided to throw it up for that.

BigD
06-17-2004, 09:55 AM
Like what? Short of the car being stolen, I can't think of one that would disadvantage the buyer. If it runs it's already worth a ton of cash. And even if it doesn't, if the block is cracked and the head is warped, there are enough parts there (both ///M and the body - look at the rims) to make a lot more money than that. I think it's either a clueless seller, a highly motivated seller (these cars will find the buyer who is willing to pay what they're worth but it takes time), or a spiteful seller (ex wife?).

That's kind of my point- if someone is going to sell it for $2500 vs part it out for at least twice that much, there must be a reason.