PDA

View Full Version : my 535is is been a bad car!

Crazystoner
08-02-2011, 07:02 AM
Well i just got out of bed to find my car, for some reason had my right headlight on... The cars locked and completely off so its a little weird the headlight was on, i even tryed turning the headlights on and off and it wouldnt turn the right side off. I ended up going for a drive and it seem to have done the trick

i also get problems with the hazards randomly turning on, a few times i have gone to my car to find the hazards are randomly been turned on. Weird since i don't actually have an alarm in the car. damn thing has a mind of its own... must be angry at me and wants to drain the battery :'(

Also one last thing, 3.4l six e34... can you get a dohc for this engine?

632 Regal
08-02-2011, 07:21 AM
A little soldering and you should be good to go. Search for LKM repair, in the archives. : Electronics & Lights plus A/C (http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/electronics-lights-plus-c/)

Crazystoner
08-02-2011, 07:26 AM
OMG THANKS!!
it 100% the problem... thanks man she be right in no time :)

myles
08-02-2011, 04:02 PM
your hazards could also be a faulty crash control relay

Crazystoner
08-02-2011, 06:13 PM
thanks ill check out the relay, i just pulled the fuse for the hazards. since its been happening for awhile

the headlight was recent, like the Taillight warning... i did replace both taillight bulbs now nether are working, but iv pulled the board-out and will resoilder the joints, the board looks warn and seems its been pulled-out and looked at before hand. so very likely the problem.

Let ya know how it goes ;)
Thanks

genphreak
08-08-2011, 08:02 AM
The tailgate wiring loom is a difficult to see but common problem for wear- the wires wear through causing all sorts of troubles/lighting failure. Hazards are the crash relay, the front light- Hmm... in European LKMs a headlight (and tail) will be left on if the lights were turned off whilst the indicator stalk was left on when shutting down the engine...