PDA

View Full Version : rubber spring pads

6670charger
07-10-2011, 03:57 PM
Does anyone out there know of a place in Europe, preferably Germany, that carries the rubber pad for the springs? I will be replacing my springs in a couple of weeks, and would like to replace these pads as I assume the 160K mile ones in my car are probably shot. German Auto parts carries them, but they're so dang slow in getting anything in the mail. Then it takes 10-14 days to reach me. I'd like to find somewhere to buy them locally. Shipping here in Germany would probably only take 2-5 days.

Thanks for the advice if anyone has any.

whiskychaser
07-10-2011, 05:05 PM
You mean the lower fronts? £6.05 a pair from a UK BMW dealer including postage. They had to order from BMW Germany but it only took a few days.

shogun
07-10-2011, 06:20 PM
what exactly do you need?
RealOEM.com Online BMW Parts Catalog (http://www.realoem.com)

part number please

Tiger
07-10-2011, 07:00 PM
Just get it from BMW dealer... they are not that expensive.

6670charger
07-11-2011, 03:13 AM
I need all of them. Replacing all of the shocks and springs. Need new pads to go along with them. After doing a bunch of looking around, it sounds like I can only get them from the dealership here. I started an order through German Auto Parts, but they have to wait for supplies to come in. Think I'll cancel and just get them from the dealership.

Bill R.
07-12-2011, 02:28 PM
I need all of them. Replacing all of the shocks and springs. Need new pads to go along with them. After doing a bunch of looking around, it sounds like I can only get them from the dealership here. I started an order through German Auto Parts, but they have to wait for supplies to come in. Think I'll cancel and just get them from the dealership.

I replaced all of them on my 89 535i and was really suprised when i took them off that the old ones were perfect still, I replaced the pads, upper strut bearings and bump stops and boots. Everything was cheaper at the dealer strangely enough. If i could do it over the only thing i would replace is the upper strut mounts.

6670charger
07-13-2011, 02:46 AM
For the little bit they cost, I'm going to replace them anyway since I have to replace the springs, and I'm using used springs. They're from my 92 525i wagon that recently passed inspection. I figure that if I clean and paint the springs, and put them on new shocks with new rubber pads, they should do fine.