PDA

View Full Version : another central locking issue..,resynching not possible

nigel gardiner
07-07-2011, 12:01 AM
hi

I've read back thru archived threads and can't seem to find an answer that correlates to this so... any advice gratefully appreciated.

Car is 1989 535i

I have the common unlock/lock problem. Someone suggested trying to resync the locks but when i tried to do this the only thing that happened was the passenger side door locked - nothing else.
And I discovered I can't unlock the passenger door with the key either, nor lock the car from the trunk.
Further it's not possible to lock the car using the passenger plunger either.

Could it be a short in the trunk wiring causing this or is there something amiss with the passenger door lock

cheers
Nigel.

Paul in NZ
07-08-2011, 05:50 AM
trunk wiring would be a good place to start

nigel gardiner
07-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Hi

I've checked the trunk wiring, it's already been repaired at the usual spot so I checked the repairs and unwrapped the loom in both directions to check for further damage. couldn't find any so..

I guess the next step is to try the door mechanisms but which one first? They all lock or unlock at the same time so there's no one lock obviously tighter than the others.
The passenger door lock won't unlock using the key so I guess this could be a starter?

Will search the archives for clues but if anybody knows anything that help all advice gratefully appreciated.

thanks
Nigel.

nigel gardiner
07-13-2011, 12:42 AM
Ok, having ruled out the trunk loom, delved further and found fuse 31 or possibly 32 blown (it's the only 7.5 amp fuse in the set), also found the rear relay module A5 to be dislodged slightly. So with good fuse and firmly lodged module door and trunk locks are all working fine.
Apart from the passenger front which won't unlock with key but I can live with that for now.