PDA

View Full Version : Passenger side rear door lock 535I

vping
06-26-2011, 01:03 PM
Posting like a fiend lately. Seems like a whole bunch of crap is going wrong all at the same time.

The door will not unlock - button will not go up and down.
Interior handle will not open door.
Exterior handle will not open door.

Something is stuck.

What to do?

Cheers
Vince

rockin1978TA
06-26-2011, 03:57 PM
The door lock actuator needs to be replaced or cleaned. You'll have to remove the door panel, if you search somebody posted a step by step on his. Mine was locked also, so I just got the door panel off, then un hooked the linkage, so now I have lock it manually, no big deal, i can't remember the last time I had to use that door anyway.

vping
06-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Can you get the door panel off with the door being closed?

Every now and again we use it as a family car but my daughter uses it with friends so that door is handy. As it is, her friends refer to it as the ghetto mobile with all its little problems and faded paint. My response to them is, let me see your car. They don't have cars.

Penngwyne
06-28-2011, 06:35 AM
Sounds like a deadlocked door. The deadlock is actually inside the door lock actuator and can't be moved manually
Mine had been damaged by water and the motors were f. broken

There is a description somewhere of taking off the door panel with the door closed
I had to do this on an e34 1989 525i It is not too hard but it is frustrating

Here it is BMW E34 Website (http://www.bmwe34.net/E34main/Trouble/Locked.htm)

I actually opened the window first so I could get something long enough between the trim and the door
It may be an idea to disconnect the battery while poking around in the door
If I remember its easier to wind the window up after getting the trim off to give you some room to work inside
It' all Bentley manual after that

ahlem
07-01-2011, 08:01 PM
I just had a thread on this a couple weeks ago. Search for the thread by my username.