PDA

View Full Version : e34 to e39 and back again?

Rina120@yahoo.com
06-16-2004, 05:51 PM
Hey guys...
Here is my story. I had a beautiful 1994 525i, black with parchment interior. He started giving me problems and then the gas tank imploded so I traded him in after 3 great years and almost no problems. He had 154K miles on him.

I purchased a 1997 e39 528i with only 21K miles on it! How did I luck out?!
I never really bonded with this car though...I didn't like how it accelerated when you hit resume on the cruise control, the OBC sucked! and if I wanted an aftermarket stereo (which I did) I had to give that up anyway. The radio was Double Din so in order to get a new stereo I lost all functions of clock and anything else the OBC gave me. The glove compartment was tiny...and I dunno...it just didn't scream BIMMER to me.

Perhaps that's why I only had it for 4 months and then some idiot rear-ended me and now it's TOTALLED. You heard right. They totally that perfect car with only 28K miles on it.

Rina120@yahoo.com
06-16-2004, 05:52 PM
So i am looking for an e34 again. I am giving the money back to the bank and looking for the car that made me really really fall in love with bmw (I started with an e28).

I think I'm back guys:)

ryan roopnarine
06-16-2004, 06:25 PM
yeahhhhhhhh, all you "sucka mc's" that say you're gonna drop the e34 like a broken ferris wheel once it gets onto the mobile traditions cd......LIES. (I can delude myself sufficiently to believe that my current set of discs are for the "recent" models in 2007 or so :D ). e30s in florida, in good condition get more than e34s do. I expect to have to wait 3 or 4 years more before the 525i starts increasing in value again. oh, and welcome back.

Unregistered
06-16-2004, 08:06 PM
Isn't car(s), boat(s), etc. usually "she"???

Hey guys...
Here is my story. I had a beautiful 1994 525i, black with parchment interior. He started giving me problems and then the gas tank imploded so I traded him in after 3 great years and almost no problems. He had 154K miles on him.

I never really bonded with this car though...I didn't like how it accelerated when you hit resume on the cruise control, the OBC sucked! and if I wanted an aftermarket stereo (which I did) I had to give that up anyway. The radio was Double Din so in order to get a new stereo I lost all functions of clock and anything else the OBC gave me. The glove compartment was tiny...and I dunno...it just didn't scream BIMMER to me.

Perhaps that's why I only had it for 4 months and then some idiot rear-ended me and now it's TOTALLED. You heard right. They totally that perfect car with only 28K miles on it.

Rina120@yahoo.com
06-17-2004, 08:51 PM
not when you are a girl.
All my cars have always been HE

hlenoble
06-17-2004, 11:16 PM
Hey guys...

hlenoble
06-17-2004, 11:24 PM
Here's my story

I bought a '95 (e34) 530i 5 speed in 2001. The car had under 65K miles and was MINT. I had it for about a year, and I decided that I didn't want 2 car payments and an RV payment, so the 530 had to go. I replaced it with an '89 535iA with 155K miles that I bought for cash. I liked the 535, but was disappointed that it was automatic. Then I saw a deal on a beautiful 1997 (e39) 540/6 that I couldn't pass up. Yes, payments again, but the car was AWESOME! I sold the 535i to my ex wife.

Only two months after buying the 540 I got laid off. After a few months of unemployment I needed to reduce expenses, so I sold the car. I bought back the 535 from my ex, so here we go again, same car, 6 months later.

In summary, I went from e34 to e34 to e39 and back to e34 again. Crazy story, but at least I have something (other than my mini van) that I like to drive.