PDA

View Full Version : Passenger seat guts

Mr._Graybeard
06-04-2011, 12:48 AM
While I'm thinking about it, I bought a passenger-side comfort seat recently to cannibalize for the upholstery. I'm also hanging onto the seat belt receptacle, but if anybody needs a replacement adjustment motor, switch or bowden cable I'd be happy to send it along for the cost of shipping and Paypal processing.

Otherwise, I'll be throwing out the mechanicals in a week or so. Feel free to PM me.

cor_van_de_water
06-07-2011, 12:29 AM
I am just in the process of removing my old driver seat and putting a pristine one in, the old one has a rip in the bottom and a rip in the seat back and partly disjoined seat back attachment on the outside (left) side. Motors, cables, control, brackets, covers (tan color) available... (not the seat belt itself, but the seat belt receiver is still there).

Ross
06-07-2011, 04:09 PM
I am just in the process of removing my old driver seat and putting a pristine one in, the old one has a rip in the bottom and a rip in the seat back and partly disjoined seat back attachment on the outside (left) side. Motors, cables, control, brackets, covers (tan color) available... (not the seat belt itself, but the seat belt receiver is still there).

Oy vey.
Not sure this was the reply hoped for.
Save the innards of the longest cable and casing for the next longest in case you need to be operating any seats in a wrecking yard. You know, chuck the end in a drill....

Mr._Graybeard
06-08-2011, 12:40 AM
Looks like we have a surfeit of seat guts. Good Idea on the cable, Ross.

Tiger
06-08-2011, 09:16 AM
So... what is the physical difference between the comfort and standard seat skin? I do recall test driving with comfort seat but ended up with other car without it.