PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running megasquirt, going to build some option boards

Bruno
06-02-2011, 01:44 PM
I am not sure if many people are using megasquirt but it is now impossible to get adapter boards (except for the M20 / M30 engines) or even output boards like glen's garage that aren't available anymore because he closed shop.

Ryan aka Goathumper used to have several boards but he is impossible to reach.

So, I am planning on making a simple board if there are people interested:

- Space for 5 extra coil drivers ( for COP if someone needs it)
- Boost control
- Tachometer signal
- Some 12 v outputs 2 probably
- Idle valve control
- M50 start circuit

Any interest?

BigKriss
06-03-2011, 04:22 AM
Hi Bruno, do you know if an aftermarket ecu will work with the zf4hp22eh gearbox (without the motronic ecu there)?

How much will these boards cost?

edit: i e-mailed you a few weeks ago, but I never heard back from you :(

Bruno
06-03-2011, 05:17 AM
I do not think that I received your email. I am switching my automatic transmission to a 5 speed so I will not know if the Stock ECU talks to the slush box ECU. Maybe someone else knows, I would say they do not because there isn't a difference between 5 speed and slush box ECU and harness I think.

The boards will be cheap, as all else megasquirt, probably 50ish with the components, maybe more if we go surface mounts.

I am going to build a couple of megasquirts for my friend's Turbo E30 335i and my 525i Touring turbo.

BigKriss
06-03-2011, 08:27 AM
Okay thanks Bruno, it was mainly about this subject anyway.

here is info about zf gearboxes, http://www.e38.org/electran1.pdf >> just some on the information I found.

I would be interested if its cheap and work with the auto gearbox.

....when you say 50ish,, do you mean usd$50 and assembly the ecu myself...that seems too cheap.

Bruno
06-03-2011, 09:09 AM
I am not talking about the megasquirt unit itself, just a daughter board that will get some outputs from the megasquirt board for the idle control valve, boost control, tach signal... These are things that are desirable but not on the megasquirt I or II board so you need to build the circuit... or use a board.

I will buy a megasquirt II v3.0 board and build it then include it all into the stock DME case :-)

BigKriss
06-03-2011, 07:26 PM
thanks for that I understand now.