PDA

View Full Version : Who wants Door brake reinforcement plates?

Kibokojoe
04-29-2011, 08:40 AM
If there is enough interest I will have the reinforcement plates made again. Minimum is 100 plates so it will cost me a bundle up front, but if there is enough interest??? I will let you know

platevideo_final.mp4 video by kibokojoe - Photobucket (http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj225/kibokojoe/?action=view&current=platevideo_final.mp4)

Rus
04-29-2011, 05:30 PM
I would be interested in a set of four. Missed your last run and still kicking myself :(

shogun
04-30-2011, 02:40 AM
same price as before? If not change the price here BMW door plates - Kibokojoe's Yamaha XS650 (http://kibokojoe.webs.com/bmwdoorplates.htm)

Also post it on Bimmerboard.com on the E34 and E32 forum, then the chance is higher that you get enough orders.

Bo525i
05-01-2011, 05:47 AM
I just posted this thread on www.e34.de (http://www.e34.de) as a reply to someone looking for them! :)

shogun
05-01-2011, 06:35 AM
yep. I wanted to do the same but wanted to wait for confirmation from Joe about the price.
Will then also post it on Bimmerboard, maybe someone can also post on Bimmerforums.
I assume then 100 sets would be possible.

Randy Perkins
05-11-2011, 07:39 PM
I want 1 set (2)

Kibokojoe
05-11-2011, 09:08 PM
So far only 12 ordered :(

BigKriss
05-11-2011, 09:25 PM
I still have these and they are good. I also changed the door support that open and closes the door, but that was a messy job.

cor_van_de_water
05-25-2011, 12:15 AM
If there is enough interest I will have the reinforcement plates made again. Minimum is 100 plates so it will cost me a bundle up front, but if there is enough interest???

Hi Kibokojoe,
I sent you a private message - I can have any number of plates made right away, just let me know if you like to handle the distribution of them or that I send them to whoever has shown interest. I had two plates made and they fit right away, this is an experienced guy with metal shop, who just needed the exact measurements for the door and he punched the stainless steel very accurately. The plates are slightly thinner than before, but I have fixed my cracking
drivers door with one of them and it works perfectly.
I think you sold them before at $12 each plus shipping, so that sounds like a reasonable amount. I hope this helps the community here - let me know!
Cor, '95 540i auto, '94 530i manual

cor_van_de_water
05-28-2011, 01:23 AM
The plates are slightly thinner than before, but I have fixed my cracking drivers door with one of them and it works perfectly.

Here is the deal - I can get the same thickness stainless steel plates (1/8" or 3mm) laser-cut but that is done in another shop, so it is a little more costly but I still can get a relative small number of plates, for example 2 dozen for a reasonable amount, it will probably come down to $14 per plate plus shipping.
Now the interesting thing is that for half that money I can get 2mm thick stainless steel plates punched which will do the job just as well as I have put these plates on both my cars and they work really well. My 530i has the sheetmetal cracked and one of the two door brake tabs broken off, so it hangs by only one tab
and was really hard on the sheet metal of the door, but since installing the thinner door reinforcement plate, it has worked well and no sounds or strange movements. So the 2 mm plates are only $7 plus shipping. The shipping is never more than $5 in USA (flat rate envelope) no matter how many you order.
I had an offline conversation with Joe and he indicated that he is very busy and I got the
feeling that he won't be able to get the required 100 minimum order together.
So let me know how many and which thickness you want (2mm or 3mm) and I will ship the 2mm plates right away, for the 3mm I need to collect enough numbers to make it work, but I will order and ship before end June. I will put up a picture of the thinner plate on my 540i next week, I do not have my camera at home.
Feel free to re-post this offer on other forums. To inquire or order please send an email to: cor (dot) vandewater (at) gmail.com or PM.
Cor, '95 540i auto, '94 530i manual

Kibokojoe
05-30-2011, 08:44 PM
Sorry guys but I have just hit some financial straights. I know several of you have discussed having the plates made. I think that is an awesome idea.

cor_van_de_water
05-31-2011, 03:44 AM
Sorry guys but I have just hit some financial straights. I know several of you have discussed having the plates made. I think that is an awesome idea.
Oww, sorry to hear that Joe! I understand that you focus on your own issues first now. Success and hang in there!
If you want, can you send me in PM who is interested (the first 12 orders as you reported earlier)?
I will get the first 12 plates this week.

cor_van_de_water
06-10-2011, 01:49 PM
My friend called me that he has punched 18 plates, so tomorrow 10 plates will be on their way to the people who ordered them.

cor_van_de_water
06-13-2011, 03:52 PM
Didn't get around mailing them last Saturday, so today the first 10 plates went out.

cor_van_de_water
06-20-2011, 04:51 PM
I shipped the last of the initial batch of 18 plates today,
so I will have to have new plates made.
Since I will be travelling all of July, you need to let me
know quickly if you like me to ship new plates before
I leave, otherwise it will be August before I get around
to it.
End Aug I will travel to The Netherlands for 2 weeks.

cor_van_de_water
06-29-2011, 02:34 AM
I have new plates, but I will be traveling starting Thu June 30th so either act quickly or wait till I am back end July to ship plates.
You can order and pay in the mean time, I will make a list of orders and have again new plates made if I run out before returning,
so I can ship all as soon as I am back.
Cor.

genphreak
06-29-2011, 07:45 AM
I already got my heavy metal plates from K'Joe, am keeping them here all sparkly like until it warms up enough to fit them and lube up those door-brakes.... Great work both of you :) (and thanks!)

shogun
02-07-2013, 08:30 AM
Cor, can you still deliver some sets? Some people on the German E34 forum are asking if you can still produce some.

Kibokojoe
02-07-2013, 11:11 AM
Cor, can you still deliver some sets? Some people on the German E34 forum are asking if you can still produce some.

There was a guy on the bimmernut forum that was making them. If there is enough interest I can have them made again. Just let me know

Ken