PDA

View Full Version : Loose door handle/rear window regulator slides

rickm
04-23-2011, 04:42 PM
The driver's side door handle is loose on my 94 525. I pull the mirror controls off and see one screw and it doesn't appear that it needs adjusting....should I back it out, readjust the internals then retighten?

Lastly, one of my rear window regulator slides broke. I've ordered some replacements but don't see how to reinstall them.

The 5 hit 212 a few weeks ago. Starting to show her age. :( Last summer it was really hot, the rear door panels lose some of their adhesive, which I'm working on fixing this w/e. I need more clamps. :\ Paint still shines after a wash but it needs a good claying and a wash/wax/detail. I keep looking at replacements but I love this car and the newer 5s don't appeal the same to me.

Paul in NZ
04-24-2011, 03:11 AM
the external door handle is held on with a sliding latch type thing,perhaps that just needs pulling back a bit

rickm
04-24-2011, 08:02 AM
the external door handle is held on with a sliding latch type thing,perhaps that just needs pulling back a bit

Outer is fine, this is the inner handle, where you pull to close the door. I'll look through the manual (that I thought I lost) to see if I can find it.

Door panels are almost reglued. I need more clamps.