PDA

View Full Version : EGS-06 intervention signal ???

Russell
04-22-2011, 07:17 PM
Today I had my bmw shop run codes to see if there were any issues especially with the trany. They found an EGS-06 intervention signal from slip control module. I think this is not transmission related. I think it is related to the traction control.
Anyone know what causes the signal?

genphreak
05-09-2011, 07:27 PM
'slip kontrol' is common message in transmissions- I think related to engine rpm and output shaft speed- it is designed to notice when too much slip occurs over a long period, like might happen if the car was used to tow a heavy load every 2nd day. Can't think of anything else on your car a msg like this would come from. The slip control module- that is a new one to me, are they not employed on cars with ATS-C&T? Does yours have that? That's what my 540 has, which is due to be disabled (once this engineer fixes that Marketer's 'upgrade' to the M-car's famous, near-perfect LSD.

Russell
05-09-2011, 09:38 PM
Thanks, My car does have tracton contol or as my window sticker calls it- All season traction ASC+T

whiskychaser
05-10-2011, 01:23 AM
May be a red herring, but I think if you have Bosch ASC version 5, code 6 is your right front wheel speed sensor. Doesnt explain why your garage says its an EGS code but its as near as I could get. AFIK your tranny wouldnt throw an EGS code 6?