PDA

View Full Version : Touring trim assist please.

ss2115
04-17-2011, 05:37 AM
Hi. Does anyone know how the tie down rings in the load area of the Touring wagon are attached?
They feel like they are bolted, but its difficult to reach around behind on the rear ones, and if bolted as I suspect, the front ones must go through the body behind the springs of the rear struts. Would this be correct?
The Bently manual doesn't show or mention them.

Bo525i
04-17-2011, 07:58 AM
They´re screwed in, there´s a cover to remove and behind that you´ll find the screw/bolt a.f.a.i.r.!

Bo525i
04-17-2011, 08:11 AM
Found my old post:

Here ya go (mind that there´s an extra plastic pullpin on top, close to the philips screw)

"To remove the Front side panel:
· Begin at the right of the Front side panel and remove a 6mm hex bolt that fastens both it and the Grey
grille to the body.
· Next remove the Plastic pull-pin shown at the bottom of the panel.
· Remove a Phillips screw just to the rear of the Shoulder- harness reel cover.
· Finally, there are two T-25 Torx screws behind a plastic cover inside the Tie-down unit. The small
(nearly invisible) cover will pop out by prying it loose using a small screwdriver in a slot found inside.
· Now rotate the Front side panel out, and downwards, from the bottom and remove it.
To remove the C-pillar trim and Grey gri lle:
· Pull the edge-guard strip straight off the rear door opening to expose the edge of the C-pillar trim.
· Pull the rear seat shoulder cushion slightly forward, it’s held by a blade-type clip near the top.
· Pull the C -pillar trim piece outward and downward from the bottom and set it aside.
· Remove the other 6mm hex bolt holding the Grey grille in place.
To remove the Shoulder-harness reel cover:
· Remove the Phillips screw for the cover that was hidden by the C-pillar trim.
· Lift the reel cover upwards and set it aside."

http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/attachments/5-series-bmw/6915d1247574284-radio-antenna-sidepanel.jpg

ss2115
04-17-2011, 06:31 PM
Beauty. Thanks Guys.