PDA

View Full Version : Windshield washer nozzle upgrade

BMWDriver
04-11-2011, 07:05 AM
My project of this weekend: fitting a wide spraying windshield washing nozzle on the hood of the E34.
:D
Here is a video of my find and customised installation ('scuse my French Canadian accent:) ). In short: a major sweet upgrade for little money! Albeit, delete the heating aspect of the BMW nozzle. Oh well! Win some, loose some, but maybe it won't be terrible. Next winter will tell.

Also, here is the link to a PDF file I made with instructions on how I installed it and the parts I used. I had spare plastic sheets I used to make an adapter.

Although I used two different plastic sheet types with different thicknesses, I think you could stick to the same thickness sheet for all parts.

www.quebecman.net/e34/CustomWasherNozzleE34.pdf

The product I found at Canadian Tire is called Super Sprayer, distributed by Enseng (H.K) Limited, and bares no. 26108.

Enjoy, eh!

Video of the installed sprayer results:
YouTube - Spray nozzle upgrade for BMW E34 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3w_O2yQnU4)

BigKriss
04-11-2011, 07:19 AM
well done, i watched the video, seemed to hit the windscreen really good.

how much does it cost in parts?

BMWDriver
04-11-2011, 08:24 AM
Thanks!
The nozzles cost 12$ CAD, plus plastic sheets I already had, and semi-gloss paint rattle can $10. So, it depends on what plastic sheet you would buy, my suggestionis acrylic 1mm thick.
Was fun!

tim eh?
04-11-2011, 12:33 PM
hey that's nice Phil! ... the more CT in the car the better I say!

BMWDriver
04-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Thanks Tim!
Here is a pic of everything in the kit.
I specially like the adjustment tool that you can add to your keychain. They are small enough to not be a burden on top of being practical !

rockin1978TA
04-21-2011, 10:46 PM
Heck yeah. I need those. I just replaced my leaking worn out sprayers with a set of used , and they don't spray for shi$. I live in Texas, so I don't need the heat part anyway.