PDA

View Full Version : Control arm symptoms

6670charger
04-09-2011, 02:56 PM
What are some of the symptoms of worn lower control arm bushings? I've been reading some of the other posts and it seems that they may effect braking as well as vibrations while driving. I'm told that my lower bushings are bad, and I do get a slight vibration when braking, but nothing else. The car seems to run down the road fine at any speed.

Tiger
04-09-2011, 04:13 PM
Car still on original lower control arm... should change it regardless. It is after all at least 16 years old! I think that's a pretty good lifetime for lower control arm.

BigKriss
04-10-2011, 08:35 AM
yeah how old are they?

6670charger
04-10-2011, 10:45 AM
yeah how old are they?

I have no clue. I just bought the car. I'm probably the 8th or 9th owner. Seems like it's been pretty well cared for as the interior is close to immaculate. The body is in very nice shape too. It has about 280K kilometers on it. My guess is that they're probably the originals. Have a new pair so I may just change them tomorrow or next weekend. Was just wondering if that was the only issue or if it could be brakes too. I'll change the control arms and see what that does.

Thanks.

BigKriss
04-10-2011, 10:16 PM
rarely the lower control arms bushes go bad. it could be the upper control arm bushes too (or the brakes too).