PDA

View Full Version : Rear end squat

BennyM
03-31-2011, 03:51 PM
Don't mean to hijack the forum here, but does anyone know where to get factory height springs (OEM or otherwise)? Can't seem to find them, at least not for a reasonable price.

If I put anything remotely heavy in the trunk, the car looks like it's squatting to take a dump. Not hot.

Tiger
03-31-2011, 04:22 PM
Rockauto has them for $32 each and up. It is sold pretty much anywhere... Just do a web search.

I assumed 94 525i

BennyM
04-01-2011, 02:29 PM
I think I'll go with the KYB k-flex despite the poor reputation with shocks, because that's a seriously good price and it has to be better than the rusty sponges in the back of my car right now.
I'd never heard of Quinton Hazell, has anyone else?

Rockauto has them for $32 each and up. It is sold pretty much anywhere... Just do a web search.

I assumed 94 525i

Tiger
04-01-2011, 03:01 PM
At that price... you really don't care... you can just change it with every new struts you put in.... for like new driving experience.

I highly recommends changing spring every 100,000 miles... Just time it with your strut replacement.

Also, don't forget to replace spring shims... also highly recommended for like new thump feel when hitting bumps.

whiskychaser
04-01-2011, 03:47 PM
I'd never heard of Quinton Hazell, has anyone else?
Its that well know in the UK its often abbreviated to just QH. Sir Quinton Hazell -as he ended up before he died in about 1996- is credited with having changed the way automotive parts were made and distributed in the UK (ok I nicked that from his obit). Cant knock any of their products except brake pads - they seemed to squeal whatever car I put them on. So I stopped doing that:)