PDA

View Full Version : Injector question

ScottyWM
03-27-2011, 05:15 PM
I've done this on my M50 before, but I don't remember how I did it. There's a fuel rail and an electronic rail that go to each cylinder. I want to remove the electronic rail from the fuel injectors. There's a small metal clip that goes around the rectangular connector at each injector that if you get it off, the plug comes right off the injector. But I don't remember if there's a trick to it or not. Anyone know what I mean?

I'm working on the E36 (M42) removing the whole intake to get at all the hoses under there - but this is the same as on the M50. It was a WHOLE lot easier on the M50...

http://home.bellsouth.net/coDataImages/attportal/Groups/371/371092/folders/307050/2467368InjectorClip.jpg

Tiger
03-27-2011, 05:33 PM
I take that metal clip off... don't lose it. It is basically like a U shape with detents. Just work one side off and move it to the other side...

ScottyWM
03-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Thanks, I just needed that reminder. I don't see where the clip is split, it must be right behind the injector. Seems like BMW could've made it like all the other connectors that you just push on the metal piece to release it...

Tiger
03-27-2011, 11:07 PM
That would have been nice. Push to release mechanism.

genphreak
03-28-2011, 06:41 AM
I think it is a push to release- but proly needs a special tool :)

I never need a special tool, I'm enough of one myself ;)... to always find a way round with perseverence and making a hash of it, even a back yarder.

It's certainly easy to do if you just rip em off like some might.