PDA

View Full Version : E34 A/C switch stuck.

American-in-Deutschland
03-08-2011, 04:30 PM
I have a 1994 525i, and I've looked around a lot with no luck. The switch appears to be in a/c mode with the light underneath it lit. I can still adjust the temperature to blow warm air, but I can't select any other mode on that switch (recirc, rear defrost). I did replace the control module with a new switch, but it seems like the logic is stuck and will not allow it to change to any other mode. I did notice the bottom slide lever does not go the full travel to the right, but it doesn't seem like that should matter. I looked through the wiring diagrams, but I have not found anything that shows the switch logic, only inputs and outputs. Are there position sensors on the valves that don't allow certain modes to be selected? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

noriyori
03-08-2011, 06:11 PM
I have a similar problem, but mine is stuck in the off position, as well as the recycle button. everything else on the console works fine...

shogun
03-09-2011, 05:22 AM
do you have IHKA? = Klimatronik, or just climate control. In case of IHKA you can disassemble the control panel, see my website below, go to other diy sites and there to private diy links>>Johan & Sean.

noriyori
03-09-2011, 06:44 PM
I don't have the IHKA system, which may be easier for a fix but I still can't figure why the A/C and recycle don't function.

American-in-Deutschland
03-14-2011, 03:09 PM
I have the IHKR with the sliders. I have replaced the entire control panel, and I don't know if my set-up has the sword that everyone has issues with. I was thinking there may be interlocks with the valves that prevent modes from contridicting one another. Thanks again.

Mike