PDA

View Full Version : Lowering springs

632 Regal
03-02-2011, 11:53 PM
My Eibachs are about toast. Made 1.5" spacers for the rear to cripple along but it is time to replace them all. What is the tallest spring set available? I have the V8 up front so a tall spring wont bother me much LOL. Amazing what 80K will do to a lowering spring.

Don't think I can clear a golf ball now even with the spacers. Going to redo the entire front end and while there replace the springs. Read through ancient documentaries in regards but wondered if there is any newer feedback about springs.

PS low rider springs for sale ;)

Tiger
03-03-2011, 09:59 AM
Eibach got lifetime warranty if you still got the receipt. Otherwise, go with whatever you can get your hand on for good price... H&R, EIbach, etc.

If your shock absorbers are stock height... you could go back to stock springs... lots of cheap OE height springs.

genphreak
03-04-2011, 05:35 AM
Good work Jeff!

Yea, lifeteime warranty sounds like its worth its weight in gold when ur the kind to keep ur cars (and do the springs again...) LOL. Well worth it on a spring, even the good ones...

632 Regal
03-05-2011, 07:17 AM
Okay being the one that I am, what about retrofitting say a 525 springs into the 530, might be livable all the way around. Looks like M5 springs are the same or maybe even taller so what about 525?

Just thinking as I have a week or 2 before I need to replace front end stuff.

With the spacers in the rear with the Eibachs it does sit normal for a lowering spring. Pretty close to stock I guess but dont like the camber of the wheels.

Tiger
03-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Did you buy stock or sport struts? It make a difference on what you can install.

632 Regal
03-07-2011, 03:00 AM
Did you buy stock or sport struts? It make a difference on what you can install.

I just scored KYB's was using the boge/sachs 'turbo' struts.

I suppose I could get stock springs for a 520 or 525 if I want a stock ride with a little drop but decided the Eibachs are pretty much what they are supposed to be with the rear spacers. Just the rear sag and spacer disappointed me but I can live with it for now. She does ride low though but I have about half inch visible between top of tire and wheel well which seems to be the norm for the V8 and M% cars with drop springs.

Tiger
03-07-2011, 09:20 AM
Lowered car... in front is about 1/2" to nothing between tire and opening of wheel well.

In the rear, the tire is way above the wheel well. It is normal.