PDA

View Full Version : 94 530i Alpine head unit problem

jayh3
02-27-2011, 03:40 AM
When I replaced the battery the radio asked for the code, which I have, but I didn't bother to enter the code for a few weeks and now with code in hand, I turned on the car and radio and the word code does not appear??????? I entered the code once and nothing. Is the unit dead?

632 Regal
03-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Unhook the battery and enter the code?

Reminds me of the guy that couldn't unhook his gas peddle.

jayh3
03-03-2011, 12:48 AM

You probably don't have a BMW with a factory stereo if you can say that. I'm looking for a solution not a wise crack. The stereo has an LED blinking red light that is connected to the alarm system!!!! In one service manual it says to disconnect the battery so you don't blow fuses when disconnecting the head unit. I'm more concerned with the alarm going off.

jayh3
03-03-2011, 01:00 AM

Wrong answer(mine)-I have more than one post. Answer to you is when you replace the battery or disconnect it, the factory stereo head will not work until you enter a code and the dealer charges $45 for that, so hopefully you have your code written down somewhere. Anyway the word "code" shows up on the readout area until you enter the right code. After 2 weeks of not entering the code, it went blank and does nothing.