PDA

View Full Version : TX Valve part II - please help if you have any ideas at all.

ss2115
12-13-2010, 02:13 AM
Picked up the car with the intention of having the TX valve etc done after hearing back from this forum.

Trans program error on the screen and car driving in limp mode.
Discovered the air cond or recirculate buttons no longer work either.
Went around the block and took it back but all the mechanics gone home.

Limped home (not far) and checked all the fuses hoping there might be a common fuse between the two systems but all look okay.
Thought maybe the mechanic might have pulled a fuse to save the A/cond from being used not realising that it affected the auto-trans as well, but couldn't see anything.

The only other thing they did was change the oil and oil filter.

Any ideas anyone? Is there anything in common between the air/cond and the auto-trans?
Has anyone had this problem before?

Grantus
12-15-2010, 07:06 PM
I'm guessing here, but check that your fuses and relays are sitting in their holders correctly, including the ones under the back seat.

The electrics on these cars seem to have a life of their own!

Ross
12-16-2010, 09:21 AM
EXPANSION valve, no correlation to your transmission BUT to change it the mechanic would have been in the vicinity of the trans computer.

ss2115
12-17-2010, 03:55 PM
Actually solved both problems when I took it back to have the auto looked at. The A/con tech had emptied the system of gas a part of his testing as the gas was very low (300grams instead of the correct 700grams).
but then he'd found the leak at the condensor, and then that there was a vacuum behind the expansion valve, so he hadn't re-gassed it. Therefore the systems pressure valve and electronics have prevented the air con from switching on.
Nothing to do with the auto problems at all.

Left the car with them to sort what they'd done to cause the auto to go into limp mode. Picked up the car and all was well. They told me they had simply cleared all the error codes. And the technician had left a list of codes written on a piece of paper on the front seat.
Its been driving fine for a few days now - in fact a little better which makes me think they may have pulled the Trans ECU out and left it disconnected for a while as the auto seems to have "unlearned" everything and gone back to default. The cars definetly more responsive regards the changes etc.

Grantus
12-19-2010, 02:53 PM
That's good to hear.