PDA

View Full Version : Saying goodbye to the E34

repenttokyo
11-12-2010, 04:25 PM
It finally happened today. After buying a CTS-V this summer, I gave my 1991 525i to my girlfriend to use as a daily driver. This fall, given that the E34 has some corrosion issues and is getting up in miles (it has over 430,000 kms), I decided to find something more modern, less used up and safer for my gf. She drives a lot, and it had been pressing on my mind for quite some time.

We picked up a 2002 Subaru WRX 5-speed wagon this week, and she put the licensing paperwork today. We still have the 525i, but I will most likely be selling it in the spring. I will be sad to see it go, but it was time to move on.

I will most likely be on the board less and less, but I have really enjoyed my time here and the friends I have made. This has been one of the best and most helpful online communities that I have participated in, and it's been a great four years of ownership.

http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7242&d=1289597140

BennyM
11-12-2010, 11:38 PM
It's been great having you on here. I know your insight has helped me greatly over the years. But all good things come to an end, I suppose. I've noticed a lot of people are moving on to "more modern" vehicles. Take care and stop by every once in a while.

BigKriss
11-13-2010, 06:53 AM
your contributions have been usefull. thanks. .

632 Regal
11-14-2010, 02:39 AM
I can cook that wrx if i never let off the go fast peddle lol. dont go away just cause you have a different car, we do all sorts of cars here man.