PDA

View Full Version : Cricket chirping noise coming from AC?

thunderman
06-15-2004, 07:06 AM
I was wondering if this has ever happened to any of you:
You hear a sort of chirping noise, or almost like a whistle coming from your vents when the air is on. Sometimes it whistles more on different numbers, is especially on number 2, and it will stop when I change it to #3. AND now I am noticing some of the black foam coming out of my vents and small pieces blowing around my car LOL.

Has this happened to anyone, andwhat can I do?

TIA

T

MOtis
06-15-2004, 01:29 PM
I also get intermittent low "chirping" on fan speed 1. If, while it chirping, I turn to fan speed 2 and then back, the chirping usually goes away for a few minutes.

I am assuming it must be a fan bearing, but I would be happy to be wrong if it were a cheaper or easier fix.

MOtis
94 540i

I was wondering if this has ever happened to any of you:
You hear a sort of chirping noise, or almost like a whistle coming from your vents when the air is on. Sometimes it whistles more on different numbers, is especially on number 2, and it will stop when I change it to #3. AND now I am noticing some of the black foam coming out of my vents and small pieces blowing around my car LOL.

Has this happened to anyone, andwhat can I do?

TIA

T

bimmerd00d
06-15-2004, 02:25 PM
your fan blower is beginning to go out. Mine has done this for 2 yrs now, and i'ts just now to the point where it only works on 4.

rickm
06-15-2004, 02:45 PM
Is this a PITA to replace/repair?