PDA

View Full Version : Double Sunroof - how do I remove interior panels?

ScottyWM
06-14-2004, 08:55 PM
I'm getting ready to redo the headliner. Can't figure out how to remove the sunfroof panels. I can get the front one loose - it's easy. But it won't pull out the front. Looks like I have to take the rear one out first. But I can't for the life iof me see how to disconnect it? I think once it's loose, it slips out the rear, then the front one can slide out the rear too?

Bentley's doesn't help - it only talks about the single sunroof. Doesn't help that my eyes can't focus that close trying to look in there either.

Thanks,
Scott

ScottyWM
06-15-2004, 07:26 PM
I'm getting ready to redo the headliner. Can't figure out how to remove the sunfroof panels. I can get the front one loose - it's easy. But it won't pull out the front. Looks like I have to take the rear one out first. But I can't for the life iof me see how to disconnect it? I think once it's loose, it slips out the rear, then the front one can slide out the rear too?

Bentley's doesn't help - it only talks about the single sunroof. Doesn't help that my eyes can't focus that close trying to look in there either.

Thanks,
Scott

DrewZ
06-16-2004, 08:33 AM
nt

ryan roopnarine
06-16-2004, 08:55 AM
have you tried the etk? if you don't have access to it, ill post the picture from it, and i'll post the track replacement procedure from the tis. the tis says there's a procedure for front headliner removal, but when i click on it, it returns the message "no information on this repair". perhaps someone else will have luck with it on their tis, the number is 54 12 132, for double sunroof service.

ScottyWM
06-16-2004, 04:16 PM
Nope, don't have the ETK. That'd probably help if you posted the picture, or you could email it to me - Thanks!

scottmorris@nobellsouthspam.net (remove the nospam)

Bill R.
06-16-2004, 04:52 PM
Here. (http://www.bimmernut.com/%7Ebillr/images/touring%20sun%20roof.pdf)

ScottyWM
06-16-2004, 09:01 PM
Perfect! Thanks Bill. (NT)