PDA

View Full Version : A/C Expansion valve....

philbyil
09-03-2010, 12:07 PM
Ok,
Going through everything, it would appear best for me to replace the expansion valve (along with the compressor and receiver dryer) as my system will most likely need flushing. I remember someone posting an easy peasy (or was it easier peasier!;)) method of removing the expansion valve. IIRC, it would involve going through what is basically a cabin filter replacement with a couple more steps involved.....the couple more steps is really what I need.

Many thanks guys...

Blitzkrieg Bob
09-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Close, but you'll need some hex bits and a 1/4 wrench to access the hex bolts

philbyil
09-06-2010, 11:09 AM
I have a selection of hex bits and a 1/4 inch ratchet set.....any tips???

Thanks Bob

Close, but you'll need some hex bits and a 1/4 wrench to access the hex bolts

Blitzkrieg Bob
09-06-2010, 12:50 PM
it's tight in there and if you get hung up, you can remove the pipes going through the firewall by opening up the wiper/blower access panel under the hood and separte the pipe sections to gain more movement.

Jr ///M5
09-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Hi y'all, hey do me a favor and give Deb a big hug for me, ok? Aw hell, give yourself one too!

Just in case you haven't already seen this..
http://www.bmwtis.com/repair/main/741en/index.htm

Take care down there my friend, hope you get the GQ running cold again.
Best,
jr

philbyil
09-08-2010, 10:10 AM
Hey Jr.
Hope you and the family are all keeping fit, well and out of trouble ;).
Hugs gratefully accepted.....and we are both doing as well as can be expected. Deb's recovery continues to go well as does the GQ LOL!

Other than a rattling, noisy compressor she continues to drive like a new car and averages 26.7 mpg on Texas roads. We have BMW roads down here y'know....70/75 7 80mph speed limits down here mate...Wheeeeeeeee!).

All th best

PHil

Hi y'all, hey do me a favor and give Deb a big hug for me, ok? Aw hell, give yourself one too!

Just in case you haven't already seen this..
http://www.bmwtis.com/repair/main/741en/index.htm

Take care down there my friend, hope you get the GQ running cold again.
Best,
jr