PDA

View Full Version : AC Dryer sensor o-ring?

BennyM
08-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Do any of you know if the pressure sensor for the AC Receiver/Dryer requires a new o-ring? When I took it off the old Receiver/Dryer, I couldn't find an old one, but the new Receiver/Dryer came with 3 new o-rings. Not sure where the third goes or if it is just a spare.

shogun
08-07-2010, 10:57 PM
maybe depends on the qty of connectors
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=GC81&mospid=47354&btnr=64_0131&hg=64&fg=60&lang=enUS

My pressure sensor did not leak at all at the thread but around the pins where the plug goes on.

Blitzkrieg Bob
08-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Just did this yesterday on my 525

yes, there is an O ring in the sensor. and it is not included with the three that comes with the drier.

I had to buy an O ring kit to find the right size.....

BennyM
08-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Crap. Where does it go? And what diameter ring finally fit for you? Is this a sort of generic O-ring kit you get at Autozone? I was planning on taking the car in to get recharged tomorrow. Good thing I checked here first.

Just did this yesterday on my 525

yes, there is an O ring in the sensor. and it is not included with the three that comes with the drier.

I had to buy an O ring kit to find the right size.....

BennyM
08-09-2010, 04:30 PM
Heat advisory for the second day in a row
+ lots of meetings to drive to
= I couldn't wait for a response here or a new switch to arrive.

So, for the archives: I went to Autozone and bought a $5 variety pack of AC o-rings, and found a pretty close (though slightly fatter) ring. I will let you know in about a week if it leaks.

BennyM

Crap. Where does it go? And what diameter ring finally fit for you? Is this a sort of generic O-ring kit you get at Autozone? I was planning on taking the car in to get recharged tomorrow. Good thing I checked here first.

Blitzkrieg Bob
08-09-2010, 04:58 PM
So, for the archives: I went to Autozone and bought a $5 variety pack of AC o-rings, and found a pretty close (though slightly fatter) ring. I will let you know in about a week if it leaks.

BennyM

I had one out of the generic O ring kit too, just picked to one that fit into the sensor and would seal up against the drier nipple.