PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in cross-drilled oil spraybar banjo bolts for safety wire?

gale
06-14-2004, 01:05 PM
The 1st batch sold out but I'll be happy to order more if there's interest. $17.50 for a pair & includes new washers, new improved style OEM BMW bolts with cross-drilled heads, safety wire, & free postage (within the 48 States).

Applies to m30 & m70 motors & perhaps a few old-old vintage 4-cyl's. Guarantees the oil spray bar banjo bolts will never loosen again.

More details:

http://www.nmia.com/~dgnrg/banjo.htm

DueyT
06-14-2004, 06:51 PM
I would Don, but I have a Nicky-60 that doesn't have those evil bolts... :D

Cheers,
Duey

p.s. Lockwire is good! I once did a test flight pre-flight inspection after another test pilot had already flown a helo after a post-teradown/rebuild. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me because I thought that none of the main driveshat bolts (about 16 x grade-8 12-point-head bolts) were lockwired....turns out I was right, and several of the bolts had backed off! *eek* This is...ummmm...a bad thing in a helicopter! I'm a big fan of lockwire and to see guys do it neatly (and properly) is "a good thing". :D

632 Regal
06-14-2004, 06:55 PM
I have seen bad jobs vs proper tecnique and it is really a beautiful thing when they are done right.

DueyT
06-14-2004, 07:01 PM
Yup, Jeff. I don't know how many times I've seen the lockwire actually wound and finished opposite to the direction of "backing-off"!!! I asked some old hand technician's to teach the dumb, young pilot to do some lockwiring so the next time some smartypants tech said I was full of it, I could say, "Oh yeah, here...let me do it!" Then actually have the maintenance supervisor sign off on my work! :D Dang, that would straighten some folks out! I actually was once told by my deputy commanding officer that I was "spending a bit too much time in the shops 'with the men'...." Idiot! I had more time for the guys fixing my machines than some idiot that was thinking 50 years back into the officer vs. NCO thing.

Duey

Hector
06-14-2004, 07:17 PM
the top end of my m30. Count me in.

The 1st batch sold out but I'll be happy to order more if there's interest. $17.50 for a pair & includes new washers, new improved style OEM BMW bolts with cross-drilled heads, safety wire, & free postage (within the 48 States).

Applies to m30 & m70 motors & perhaps a few old-old vintage 4-cyl's. Guarantees the oil spray bar banjo bolts will never loosen again.

More details:

http://www.nmia.com/~dgnrg/banjo.htm

George M
06-14-2004, 07:37 PM
You guys have seen a pic of the bolts that Don drilled for me. I looked at them under magnification....a terrific job. FYI to those guys that don't have much machining experience. It is not easy to do a good job X-drilling these bolts...hard to keep the small dia. drill from walking and/or breaking. Don's attention to detail is first rate. As a suggestion Don...if you are gearing up to make a run....canvas not only E-32 boys on Roadfly, but M-30 guys on E-23 and E-28 boards including V12 E-31 guys. Hopefully you will have sufficient demand to justify your set up and run time.
Thanks again for helping me out Don.
George
90 735iL/149K

TC535i
06-14-2004, 07:48 PM
You've got mail...