PDA

View Full Version : E60 N52 VC Gasket???

93 525 Paul
08-02-2010, 07:14 PM
So the shop says it's $500 to replace the vc gasket and bolt gaskets, 4 hours labor plus plus, the vanos sits on top and complicates the removal of the cam cover.
What the???
So I check BMA, AutohausAZ and BavAuto and no gasket on any of the sites.
(St)ealer only?
4 hours?
What have I got here? Anyone done this one?

bubba966
08-02-2010, 07:50 PM
I'm seeing part #11127581215 as a dealer only part as of now. getbmwparts.com lists it for $33.26.

Isn't it still under warranty? Can't believe a car that new would need a VC gasket already...

Bill R.
08-03-2010, 12:27 AM
Its 3.9 hours flat rate time. The gasket is available as a Victor reinz from world pac and many others. around 35.
All of the valve cover bolts must be replaced any time this cover is removed. They are around 33.00 from worldpac also. Most shops around here would charge 350 or so

So the shop says it's $500 to replace the vc gasket and bolt gaskets, 4 hours labor plus plus, the vanos sits on top and complicates the removal of the cam cover.
What the???
So I check BMA, AutohausAZ and BavAuto and no gasket on any of the sites.
(St)ealer only?
4 hours?
What have I got here? Anyone done this one?

93 525 Paul
08-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Thanks fellas. Wow 3.9 hours huh? I guess I need a Bentley.
Badly.
It is dripping from the vc down the side of the head. I failed to correctly diagnose the E34 one, let it go along with a few others and came to deeply regret it. Not this time.
Thanks for the WorldPac tip, hadn't heard of 'em.
Seems the E60 parts are spotty (even common stuff like front brake pads) at my usual haunts.
No, not under warranty, bought it used w/o. The units I saw with warranties were $8k to $9k more than this car.
Paul

bubba966
08-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Its 3.9 hours flat rate time. The gasket is available as a Victor reinz from world pac and many others. around 35.
All of the valve cover bolts must be replaced any time this cover is removed. They are around 33.00 from worldpac also. Most shops around here would charge 350 or so

Those are worldpac prices? Those are higher than buying the BMW branded parts from getbmwparts.com. Kinda surprising as it's usually cheaper to buy from them than it is to buy from a BMW dealer like getbmwparts.com.