PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE: Wharfedale Sapphire SP89 home theater speakers

Phil M
06-14-2004, 12:58 PM
Impedance: 8 ohms
Power handling: 200 W RMS, bi-amp capable
Sensitivity: 91 dB
MSRP: $1400/ea

I absolutely love these speakers, I just dont need them. These are blue cone limited editions, very attractive. Audiophile quality. Will take some pics if anyone is interested. Selling because I'm trying to get rid of some of my stuff before I'm off to college. they stand about 4 ft tall, 1 ft wide, 2 ft deep.

asking $600/pair

http://www.hifiprix.com/photo/sap89.gif

Scott H
06-14-2004, 01:12 PM
Just bought a house, and need to build a small theater for the living room since the large theater will be going in the basement. I am trying to figure out what to buy.....the only thing I need are speakers in this case. I'm having a hard time with anything other than B&W though.....

Your price isn't too bad...

Hmmmmm

Jr ///M5
06-14-2004, 04:31 PM
Congrats on the La Casa bastard....=)

Phil M
06-14-2004, 04:48 PM
B&W's are superb. Their high end speakers are literally works of art. My father really likes them, but cant shy away from Klipsch and Martin Logan. What brand of amp(s)/preamps do you use?

I'll post some actual pics of my Wharfedale's. I think that you would be satisfied with them, easily comparable to some low to mid grade B&W's.

Phil M
06-14-2004, 07:20 PM
anyone else?

(bump)

Scott H
06-15-2004, 09:32 AM
Lexicon DC-2 v 4.00 preamp/processor (7.1)
Rotel RMB-1095 5-channel amp 200w per
Rotel RB-1090 2-channel amp 380w per
B&W CDM 9NT mains
B&W CDM CNT center
B&W SM8 di-poles
B&W CDM 1NT rears
Paradigm Servo-15 sub
MIT cables
various source components, but nothing super super special

IMHO Klipsch are great for college party pounders, but not high end applications

B&W's are superb. Their high end speakers are literally works of art. My father really likes them, but cant shy away from Klipsch and Martin Logan. What brand of amp(s)/preamps do you use?

I'll post some actual pics of my Wharfedale's. I think that you would be satisfied with them, easily comparable to some low to mid grade B&W's.

Phil M
06-15-2004, 09:59 AM
IMHO Klipsch are great for college party pounders, but not high end applications
definately. thats exactly why he has em :)