PDA

View Full Version : Where is the wiring connector for my tranny?

tim eh?
07-21-2010, 02:10 PM
for a zf-4hp22...

etm says 'LH side of transmission' but I can't see it from underneath the car.

There is a connector isn't there? Does it come through the floor or ...???

edit: ok I found it... mod can delete this so I don't feel like a tool.

Kibokojoe
07-22-2010, 10:38 PM
Its on the left side of the tranny just back from the shifting lever. Mine had a locking spin nut. Kind of a tight fit.

tim eh?
07-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Its on the left side of the tranny just back from the shifting lever. Mine had a locking spin nut. Kind of a tight fit.

Thanks but I still can't find it, am I looking in the right place? What I thought was the wiring connector is actually a cable that runs to the throttle body and I am pretty sure it is what activates the 'kickdown' function. My mechanic adjusted it after he fixed a minor leak in the transmission where it attaches there he said I have a manual kickdown (it works...) I spent ages under the carpet looking for the kickdown switch wires ha. You can see the cable I am talking about here as well as the shifter cable.

http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7102&stc=1&d=1279917136

There is nothing else attached to the transmission.
I totally checked it all around there all the way to the top of the housing.
I ran my hands all the way along both sides there is nothing can it be that hard to find?

Check it out... I TOLD YOU GUYS MY CAR IS POSSESSED!!!!!!!

http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7103&stc=1&d=1279917136

whiskychaser
07-23-2010, 04:35 PM
I dont have the same tranny. In mine its above the shift lever you show in the pic. There is no way I could get my hand in there between the tranny and the body. But Kilbokojoe is the man - he has done it:)

tim eh?
07-24-2010, 06:29 AM
Well I did some research and it looks like I don't have an electrical connector at all, I have the hydraulic 4hp22, which is a little different from the 4hp22-eh. I guess this explains why I can't find the transmission control module either.

Kibokojoe
07-24-2010, 07:42 AM
Ah yes you have a non-electric and the photos prove it. Luckily you won't have to reach up and spin that nut on the connector. And yes Whiskeychaser I can reach up between the firewall and the tranny to spin that nut and I have the scars to prove it ;). Whats a little blood for something you love.