PDA

View Full Version : Interior light

Grantus
07-12-2010, 01:33 AM
I have replaced my doorlocking mechanism, and in the course of doing this my interior lights have stopped working when I open the door and enter the car. The light next to the sunroof switch still works when I switch it manually.

I have checked the fuses and they are OK.

Where is the door trigger for the interior lights?

Any Ideas?

whiskychaser
07-12-2010, 05:59 AM
The door switch is in the striker plate on the door post. If you have to delve deeper this thread may be interest:
http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8677&highlight=javier+interior+light

Grantus
07-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Thanks, That link looks very helpful I'll look into it today and report back.

Grantus
07-13-2010, 02:55 AM
I have read the link and determined that it is not a fuse, or the microswitch because the problem exists no matter which door is open, and the fuses check out for continuity.

The appropriate relay in the RM clicks when power is applied, so I am starting to think it may be in the general module. ( I hope I am wrong).

That is about it so far, I am open to any other input that may help solve the issue.

Is Javier still around? he seems to have a great knowledge of the electrical system.

Paul in NZ
07-13-2010, 04:15 AM
Is Javier still around? he seems to have a great knowledge of the electrical system.

Last Activity: 06-08-2009 05:27 AM

genphreak
07-13-2010, 07:45 AM
I have read the link and determined that it is not a fuse, or the microswitch because the problem exists no matter which door is open, and the fuses check out for continuity.

The appropriate relay in the RM clicks when power is applied, so I am starting to think it may be in the general module. ( I hope I am wrong).

That is about it so far, I am open to any other input that may help solve the issue. Have you pulling the Light Kontrol Module in the fusebox? It is often a culprit, I think for example it 'kontrols' the courtesy light fade delay. You can troubleshoot the LKM with the wiring diagram for your car's VIN, but u can also swap round round with another known good LKM...