PDA

View Full Version : 89 525iA left signal light stuck on.. idle, fuel gauge, some dash lights off...

CharlesAFerg
07-07-2010, 05:10 PM
My left signal light has been doing weird things today, and has now become stuck on(both in the cabin and the signals). They're not flashing, just a solid full glow. The stock moves perfect, and I don't think anything in the steering column is wrong, but the light just stays on even after the car is shut off. It may flicker once (for about a blink of an eye when you hear a click, but not even all the time) when I have the ignition switched on and i put the left signal stock on,l but it's constant from then on.

...?
LKM?

Also, I just replaced my cluster behind my instrument cluster, but my gas guage is still randomly on, off, or wrong. Also, the screens to the left and right of the main screen for my on-dash OBC screen turn off sometimes, too. Not the OBC screen on the dash, but the odometer and gear select screens.

Finally, something that I thought would be fixed. Before I replaced my cluster, my speedometer would stop working. When it wouldn't work, my car would idle a lot lower than usual and the speed-sensor on the wipers would act as if the car was at a stop. (slower until the highest wiper speed) Almost as if the car thinks it's stopped, and seems to barely run when I'm about to completely stop, then the idle goes back to practically normal. This, however, was solved when I hit the top of the dash a few times and would immediately fix itself. Both the speedometer and weird idling would cease.

I know, I hit my car(not that hard)... :(

CharlesAFerg
07-11-2010, 01:15 PM
So, now the constant light isn't on anymore, but when I use my right turn signal, my left indicator arrow light (not the signal outside, though) flashes with it, but not as bright as the right signal, and also a split second behind the right turn signal light.

lol...

Grantus
07-12-2010, 01:28 AM
I have found that when turn signal lights go wierd, it is often a bad earth somewhere.

genphreak
07-13-2010, 07:47 AM
Yes... look for places where the car might have been previously damaged in an accident (particuarly those caled alarm installers armed with sharp tools)... and start hunting there...

CharlesAFerg
07-13-2010, 01:25 PM
Well, even with a replaced rebuilt cluster, both my fuel gauge and speedometer are erratic again.

Should I ask for another one? The only thing that fixed were some bulbs it seems like.

Besides grounds, what else goes wrong? The guy who sold me the board said there were 3 or 4 of them back there. I'm sorry, but I only saw one and I personally removed it from the dials...lol