PDA

View Full Version : Fast blinking turn signals front and back - weird?

repenttokyo
06-20-2010, 10:08 AM
So last night my right side turn signals start blinking uber fast. Normally this indicates that one is out, but the OBC gave me no warning. So I go look and both the front and the rear are blinking super fast. Left side is fine. It's not really a big deal, but why would this happen?

Tiger
06-20-2010, 11:20 AM
Change bulb to see if it affects the blinking speed.

Ross
06-21-2010, 07:53 AM
Check if they are actually flasing outside the car at both ends. Fast flashing is indicative of a short to ground. A corroded socket or pinched wire(trunk harness) can cause that.

repenttokyo
06-21-2010, 08:52 AM
Check if they are actually flasing outside the car at both ends. Fast flashing is indicative of a short to ground. A corroded socket or pinched wire(trunk harness) can cause that.

they are, that's the weird thing. i at first thought it was ground too. i will try changing the bulbs one at a time to see if it slows it down.

Omega
06-25-2010, 06:35 AM
Is the repeater in the wing (fender) flashing?

repenttokyo
06-25-2010, 08:36 AM
Is the repeater in the wing (fender) flashing?

no, it's a north american car and a 91 so i don't have one of those.

e34.535i.sport
06-26-2010, 07:34 AM
So last night my right side turn signals start blinking uber fast. Normally this indicates that one is out, but the OBC gave me no warning. So I go look and both the front and the rear are blinking super fast. Left side is fine. It's not really a big deal, but why would this happen?

I had the very same thing recently in the Jag (well for about four months!) until MOT time and I had to get to the bottom of it... I thought much the same as everyone else a bulb but changed them all and no effect. In the end it was one of the wire terminals in the front indicator, it had come loose from the housing and was causing front and back to work overtime. I got the soldering iron out and ten minutes later job done back to normal.

Easily fixed once you find the offending wire!